The purpose of this role is to lead an expert Wellbeing team including clinical psychological health and counselling service (using both reactive and proactive interventions in 1:1 and group settings) and mindfulness services, including training and other initiatives that promote and maintain the psychological wellbeing of all colleagues across the Trust.
It also provides an opportunity to shape and implement the next 2-3 year strategy for the wellbeing team, with support from the Head of Wellbeing, to ensure alignment with identified priorities*, the Trust strategy, the NHS Health & Wellbeing Framework, People Promise and future sustainability of the wellbeing team.
*from Annual NHS Staff Survey, NQPS, Listening events etcMain duties of the job
This is an important team leadership role and we will be looking for candidates with strong people leadership capabilities as well as the vision, analytical skills and organisational perspective to shape the wellbeing team strategy for the next 2-3 years. We will also require strong clinical skills to hold a client case load.About us
There is a strong culture of wellbeing at Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust (BHT) and we are proud to be amongst the top 3 Trusts in the NHS Staff Survey for My organisation takes positive action on health and wellbeing.
We wish to recruit an experienced Wellbeing Team Leader to join our unique, well respected, and growing staff Wellbeing team based at the new purpose-designed Occupational Health & Wellbeing Hub at Stoke Mandeville hospital.
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead and continue to develop our dedicated and professional Wellbeing team who take pride in supporting our Trust colleagues.
The team provide a range of psychological support services including in-house counselling, mindfulness, resilience and stress management, and an extensive range of psychoeducational webinars and self-help resources. The team also partner closely with leaders across the Trust to develop wellbeing plans to proactively support the wellbeing of colleagues.
This is an exciting and varied role and we are looking for a passionate and effective leader who will value the opportunity to support our exceptional colleagues.
This is offered as a full-time fixed-term contract, but BHT are proud to offer various flexible working options.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesStrategy Development & Planning
- Partner with divisional leads and senior managers to develop divisional wellbeing plans (with support from Head of Wellbeing where necessary), working with cross-functional dept/team leads and workforce teams (e.g. OD, Education, Learning & Development (ELD) and HR) to shape the development and maintenance of cross-functional wellbeing plans for each area, contributing psychological health expertise to assess need, recommend, deliver and review support provided
- Analyse wellbeing related data (e.g. staff survey, sickness absence) to identify the priority teams and cohorts (e.g. nursing) to support with the optimum psychological health interventions and develop the Staff Wellbeing Strategy for the next 2-3 years. Lead the development and prioritisation of plans and metrics to track progress and impact.
- Explore revenue generating opportunities for the Wellbeing team services to develop the profile of the team as a centre of excellence nationally and support the longer-term sustainability of the team
- Lead and manage the Band 7s to implement the strategies and plans with their teams
- Develop and maintain metrics and measures of success/impact for all Wellbeing interventions including management and analysis of the Wellbeing dashboard to track performance and inform strategy development
- Develop and maintain professional networks to explore opportunities for collaboration and sharing of learnings etc., with e.g. ICS health & wellbeing colleagues
- Lead and manage the whole of the Wellbeing team (currently 7 people), including objective setting, annual appraisals and continual professional development requirements, including mentoring and coaching.
- Maintain and monitor procedures for confidentiality, data protection and storage of sensitive data in line with legal and professional body requirements
- Check that team members understand and maintain confidentiality across all communications e.g. files/notes/ emails/ telephone / reception / diaries / electronic records etc
- Define, lead and manage wellbeing team meetings and initiatives to ensure the team remain focused on strategic priorities and balance these with day to day priorities
- Deputise for Head of Wellbeing in their absence or in team meetings etc
Person SpecificationKnowledge and experienceEssential
- Carry out individual client assessment, triage and signposting in line with specified protocols, assessing individual risk in the event of a mental health crisis and arranging appropriate intervention for any specialised support.
- Hold responsibility for own case load and work to undertake relevant aspects of clinical duties as an autonomous practitioner
- Maintain a system of careful and accurate record keeping and data collection, using anonymous data to prepare reports that demonstrate service usage and trends and all data are stored in line with GDPR/HSE/OH guidance on confidentiality of notes and safe storage, in line with statutory requirements
- Generate and disseminate effective management reports and other forms of verbal, written and visual communication in accordance with the Professional Body code of conduct, ethics and confidentiality. Ensure Trust, NHS, HSE, DH and OH guidance is considered and referred to as appropriate.
- Provide managers with advice which is appropriate to the needs of the individual and organisation in line with Trust policies, including client confidentiality
- Write letters to GP/hospital Consultant in line with Access to Medical Reports Act (1998) & Data Protection Act. Check that the response is received and interpreted appropriately in order to guide a manager/employee on a suitable course of action.
- Participate in case discussions, with Occupational Health, HR Business Partners and ELD where required, in relation to an employee or team to agree the best support plan
- Review, develop and lead on the delivery of presentations and workshops related to psychological health related subjects to colleagues at all levels
- Support the Trust Schwartz Rounds creating a psychologically safe environment for staff to share, learn and develop
- Support the ongoing development of policies and procedures e.g. o Contribute to the development and/or implementation of local policies and procedures or new NHS/DH/HSE/OH guidance
- Work with the OH team to ensure a streamlined referral and triage process
- Maintain a clinical audit cycle that includes key performance indicators such as clinical outcome measures and complaints
- Develop and review procedures for managing clients at risk of harm to themselves or others, including safeguarding and domestic violence.
- Develop and review a long-term quality control programme including systems for clinical audit, quality and complaints in relation to specialist area of practice
- Arrange appropriate clinical supervision for self and provide supervision for others in the team to ensure their wellbeing and comply with professional accreditation requirements
- Continually assess, plan, deliver and evaluate evidence-based interventions such as CBT to appropriate client groups
- Line management experience to master's or equivalent level to successfully lead and motivate the wellbeing team
Planning & organisingEssential
- Professionally accredited Mental Health Practitioner e.g. psychotherapist
- Further training in brief solution focussed psychological modality e.g. CBT
- Clinical professional registration with relevant national registration body
Analytical and judgement skillsEssential
- Project manage the work of others, setting and managing KPIs to achieve successful outcomes within timeframes set
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex facts or situations requiring analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options, including client assessment and service-related decisions, to shape a 2-3 year strategy and direction and make decisions based on information presented
- Resilient and adaptive to fast pace and fast changing environment, prioritising and re-prioritising own work
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Stoke Mandeville hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.