At Brooklands Hospital our patients have asked for nurses who will fight for them in MDT's to get the appropriate opportunities and support, that listen, that let them be involved in care planning and risk assessments, that have a good sense of humour and know what makes them happy. They would like nurses who are caring and talkto them and give them praise when they do well
We are now looking for a night nurse co-ordinator to help achieve this. The post holder will be responsible for co-ordinating care on the site throughout the night, providing leadership and clinical support for the nursing staff and ensuring the safe staffing levels and skill mix across the site. To ensure high quality of all aspects of care and to maintain therapeutic environments. The post holder will be responsible for overseeing incidents on site and supporting staff in the management of these.
As this is a new role the Job description is under reviewMain duties of the job
- Regularly visit each ward to provide advice and support, ensure staffing levels and skill mix are sufficient
- Supervise junior members of staff including preceptorship nurses, students, and NHSP/agency staf
- Oversee all incidents as required and respond to CRASH, Fire and ILS call
- Inform the Ward manager of professional concerns and promote professional evidenced based practice at all times
The service received an overall rating of Good by the CQC and an Outstanding for care and compassion of which we are rightly proud. We have also been recognised both locally and nationally by receiving awards for the services we provide.
Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership Trust provides a full range of expanding physical, mental health and learning disability services to children, young adults, adults and older adults over many sites across Coventry, Warwickshire and Solihull.
Services are provided to a population of over one million people living in Coventry and Warwickshire and also a wider geographical area in some of our specialist services, we see on average around 5,000 patients every day.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Actively contribute to the review of observation levels in conjunction with the MD
- Co-ordinate staff issues which arise throughout the night and plan safe staffing for the following shift, liaising with Matrons and Staffing offic
- Contribute to clinical audits and care plan reviews
- Must be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Must have or be willing to work towards a recognised management qualification
- Learning Disability Nursing qualification
Employer detailsEmployer name
- A range of experience of working with people with learning disabilities and / or mental health difficulties
Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.