Do you want to work as part of an innovative High Dependency Recovery and Rehabilitation service?
An opportunity has arisen for a Band 6 Charge Nurse to join our nursing team
78 Crawley Road is a modern, state of the art rehabilitation hospital that comprises an 8-bed intensive rehabilitation unit and 16 individual bungalows designed around a central landscaped courtyard.
The design offers exceptional opportunities to people with severe enduring mental health problems and works closely with local Adult Mental Health Services - acute and community services, and Secure and Forensic Healthcare Services.
Working as member of the multi-disciplinary team, you will be part of the service that is supporting people with complex needs and their families to realise new goals and rewarding opportunities through a comprehensive recovery programme.Main duties of the job
The post holder will assess, plan and implement care, and provide specialist nursing advice and carry out specialist nursing procedures in the agreed care group. They will provide clinical and managerial leadership to junior staff, providing supervision to junior staff and students.They will assist the Ward Manager in ensuring the effective running of the ward.
This post offers the Trust's �4,000 Incentive for band 5-7 Nurses & Practitioners, as well as a relocation package up to a maximum of �8,000 (subject to terms and conditions).About us
SPFT is an organisation which is committed to improving patient care. We are always trying to improve. We listen to and learn from feedback. We carry out healthcare research and put it into practice. We develop new ways of providing services in partnership with others and help staff develop through education and training. We also believe it's important to learn from when things go wrong and to encourage staff to speak out about anything they are concerned about.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The post holder will work as part of a multi disciplinary team acting as care co-ordinator for a defined number of service users. They will:Undertake assessments of individuals with complex mental health presentations, including those service users presenting with higher levels of risk. To develop in collaboration with the service user their care plan and their recovery plan.Offer specialist nursing assessment and advice where required.Provide clinical and managerial leadership on the ward.Assess and manage on going risks as identified during the assessment, ensuring that this is done in collaboration with the service user and carers. To regularly review risk factors and make changes to the management of them as necessary.Provide supervision of junior staff and trainees where appropriate.To regularly take charge of the clinical environment over a span of duty.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Professional qualification
- Diploma in Mental Health Nursing
- Registered Nurse with current registration (mental health / LD/ Adult) appropriate to the job role.
- Completion of Mentorship Course/ENB equivalent
- Evidence of continuous professional development
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Significant post qualifying experience relevant to the care group
- Experience of working alongside people with severe mental health problems particularly in their acute phase of illness
- Experience of supervising staff
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience of conducting clinical assessments including risk assessments
- Experience of partnership working within and across various statutory and non statutory teams and agencies
- Experience of working within the CPA process
- Understanding of clinical governance
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
78 Crawley Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.