NO late nights
Beautiful location near to the New Forest and Solent waterside
NHS terms and conditions
If this sounds attractive, then we are interested in hearing from you.
Come and join our well-established, supportive and friendly team of pharmacists and pharmacy technicians who provide support to mental health units, community hospitals and community teams across Hampshire. Our medicines management team members are passionate and dedicated to providing a service that puts medicines safety at the heart of patient care.
The post involves supporting our teams at Parklands Hospital, Alton Community Hospital, Melbury Lodge and in the community, who provide services to adult mental health, older person's mental health, and community rehabilitation. Each service provides exciting development opportunities, and this role will be an integral part of the already established medicines management team.
Previous knowledge and experience in secondary care would be a distinct advantage, but are not essential, as we provide comprehensive training including clinical pharmacy certificate and diploma and pharmacist prescribing. A Band 6 post will be considered for a Pharmacist with less experience.
Your work will focus on enhancing patient safety in medicines practice including medicines reconciliation, providing clinical professional advice to prescribers as part of a multi-disciplinary team, discharge planning, clinical audit and teaching.Main duties of the job
*To deliver a comprehensive clinical pharmacy medicines optimisation service to wards and teams in line with clinical pharmacy standards.
*To provide input into policy and procedures affecting the use of pharmaceuticals at both local and trust wide levels under the direction of a Principal Pharmacist
*To work towards quality improvement (QI) initiatives in line with the trusts QI vision and with direction from a Principal Pharmacist.
*To be involved in the cost-effective use of medicines across the organisation.
*To undertake medicine related audits within the division.
*To support pharmacy technicians in their delivery of a clinical/operational service.
*To provide specialist advice on pharmaceutical matters undertaking risk management and ensuring compliance with medicines legislation.
*To improve the communication of pharmaceutical information across the interface.
*To deputise for the divisional lead pharmacist.
*To provide cover for other clinical pharmacists.About us
Are you committed to providing remarkable care and service?Are you passionate about helping people and want to make a difference every day?We want to meet you!
Southern Health is one of the largest Foundation Trusts in the UK, specialising in mental health, adult and child community health and learning disabilities. We are committed to promoting the welfare and safeguarding of children, young people and adults at risk of abuse and neglect through our 6,500 strong workforce.
Southern Health has over 300 sites across the county and we serve 1.5 million people throughout all stages of their lives. Our aim is to work alongside the people we support (and our health and care partners) to deliver the best possible care and constantly improve.
Here at SHFT we have so much to be proud of:
- Working as a team and supporting each other, we put patients and our staff at the heart of everything we do.
- We have a skilled and diverse workforce and are committed to our staff development, offering bespoke training packages, leadership pathways and career opportunities.
- We offer a variety of benefits such as an amazing pension scheme, generous annual leave, Childcare Choices scheme, many discounts (Blue Light card, The Company Shop, NHS Staff Discounts, cycle to work scheme) and much more.
Come to work with us, together we will provide outstanding treatment and care to improve lives.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Further information about the Trust and this role can be found on the Job Description and Person Specification document attached.
We are happy to talk Flexible Working - all requests for flexible working options can be discussed as part of the interview process.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- *Master of Pharmacy degree or equivalent
- *General Pharmaceutical Council registered pharmacist.
- *Postgraduate Diploma (or MSc) in Clinical Pharmacy Practice or equivalent experience (or willing to work towards this).
- *Postgraduate Certificate in Psychiatric Therapeutics (or willing to work towards this)
- *Independent Prescriber qualification
- *Post-registration experience working as a clinical pharmacist.
- *Demonstrate the ability to recommend, substantiate and communicate medicine related information appropriately to mental health patients, carers and clinical staff
- *Training and education.
- *Post-registration experience working in NHS mental health and/or community health services.
- *Monitoring and advising on drug expenditure
- *To have undertaken clinical audit.
- *Able to manage own time.
- *Able to work both alone and as part of a team.
- *Good oral and written communication.
- *Aware of customer needs.
- *Able to cope with stressful situations.
- *Demonstrates assertiveness in difficult situations.
- *Good IT skills.
- *Able to respond to customer needs.
- *Able to be flexible.
- *Able to prioritise work.
- *The ability to identify and prioritise clinical work load
- *Communicates with medical, nursing and pharmacy staff in clear precise and appropriate manner.
- *To have an awareness of national and local priorities
- *The ability to identify and manage risks
- *Ability to evaluate own work
- *Enhances the quality of patient care
- *Demonstrates awareness of the clinical governance agenda
- *Teaching and presentation skills
- *Able to work as part of team or alone
- *Shows empathy towards patients' needs.
- *Works calmly under pressure.
- *Understands and shows commitment to continuing personal development.
- *Be able to achieve objectives.
- *Able to use initiative and show appropriate level of self reliance.
- *Friendly personality helpful to other staff and patients.
- *Own car and full driver's licence.
- *Demonstrates ability to meets set targets
- *Demonstrate ability to organise self in order to ensure efficient use of time.
- *Self motivated
- *Takes responsibilities for own actions
Employer detailsEmployer name
- *Understanding of local trust priorities
- *Up to date knowledge of current white papers/ national/ government reports affecting psychiatry
- *Aware of effect of political changes on healthcare.
- *Sound knowledge of drug management of Mental Health disorders including national guidance
- *Clinical and critical appraisal skills
- *Able to influence all grades of medical staff
- *Evidence in writing procedures, clinical guidelines and policy/protocols.
Southern Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.