An exciting opportunity has arisen for 6 Trainee High Intensity Therapists (HITs) to join NHS Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Talking Therapies Service (CPTT) on a permanent contract at various team bases including:
o Chesterton Medical Centre, Chesterton, Cambridgeo Newtown Centre, Huntingdono City Hall, Peterborougho Fenland Hall, March
You may specify on your application if you are interested in a specific location however your preference is not guaranteed.
*Please note interviews for this post will take place in person at Fenland Hall, March PE15 8ND on the week commencing 11th December 2023.
On the morning of Monday 27th November we plan to run a Q & A session about the role / vacancy and working in the service, Please email Annette.Watt@CPFT.nhs.uk or Joanna.Curtis@CPFT.nhs.uk for more details.Main duties of the job
In order to be considered for this position, you must be able to start the Post Graduate Diploma High Intensity Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Training course on the 8th April 2024.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain a high-level qualification in mental health and start of your career in the IAPT Programme.
Please be advised that the university will be offering a blend of classroom based and online teaching for the duration of the course. Additionally, on your clinical days you will be working from base on some days and from home working on other days.
It is essential to have a core profession that will confer eligibility to apply for BABCP accreditation following completion of the course - please read Why Work for Us document. Applicants with a background as a Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner will require a minimum of 24 months in post from the date of qualifying before the start of the High Intensity training programme.
Please note this post will be regraded to band 7 on successful completion of the training course.
We offer a high standard of supervision to our clinicians that far exceeds the nationally set minimum requirements within IAPT services. Monthly line management and annual appraisals are offered in addition to regular clinical supervision, and supervisors and line managers work closely together to ensure a supportive and developmental environment. We also offer excellent CPD opportunities within the service.About usPlease note for this role you will be required to travel independently around the county meeting strict time deadlines.
Cambridgeshire & Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust is a health & social care organisation dedicated to providing high quality care with compassion to improve the health & wellbeing of the people we care for, as well as supporting & empowering them to lead a fulfilling life.
Our clinical teams deliver many NHS services not only via inpatient and primary care setting but also with the community. These services include Children, Adult & Older Peoples mental & physical health, Forensic & Specialist mental health, Learning Disabilities, Primary Care & Liaison psychiatry, Substance misuse, Social Care, Research & Development.
To achieve our goal, we look to recruit high calibre candidates that share our vision & values. As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from all sectors of the community, particularly from under-represented groups including disabled people & members of our ethnic minorities & LGBTQ+ communities.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease refer to the attached job description and person specification for full details of responsibilities.
Person SpecificationEducation / QualificationsEssential
- The post holder will be expected to contribute to the clinical activity of the service.
- This will involve holding a clinical caseload, which will require a high level of organisation in order to operate efficiently. For the clinical activity the post holder will be expected to:
- Accept referrals via agreed protocols within the service.
- Offer clinical assessments
- Provide high intensity interventions for cases referred to the team.
- This will involve the use of evidence based psychological interventions e.g. CBT.
- Formulate, implement and evaluate therapy programmes for patients.
- Adhere to all clinical policies and procedures, working within established risk protocols.
- Maintain high clinical standards in all aspects of the work.
- Ensure treatment delivery remains accessible, convenient and with minimal waiting times as agreed by senior clinicians and managers.
- Communicate, in a highly skilled and sensitive manner, to patients, family carers and others as appropriate, information that may be contentious or highly distressing concerning the assessment, formulation and treatment plans of patients under their care.
- Professional qualification and accreditation as health professional, such as: Nursing Social work Occupational therapy. PWP candidates must have a minimum of two years' fulltime qualified and supervised practice in an NHS Talking Therapies service at the point of starting the HIT training course.
- Except for PWPs, health professionals must be accredited with a professional body - registration alone is not sufficient
- Training/qualification in delivering psychological therapies, including CBT & other modalities
- Aptitude to undertake high level post graduate course.
- Experience of working with patients presenting with high level of distress and managing risk situations - please demonstrate this in your supporting statement.
Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Experience of teaching, training, supervising in mental health settings
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Ability to work within a team fostering good working relationships and develop networks with other professionals
Knowledge & UnderstandingEssential
- Ability to promote psychological models with clients, carers and staff in an understandable and person-centred way, clearly outlining goals and potential outcomes
- Demonstrates and understanding of the IAPT programme and skills required to deliver step 3 interventions
- Introductory training in CBT (Minimum of 3 days)
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Sitting for prolonged periods
- Concentrate for prolonged periods
- Manage prolonged use of display screen equipment
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Various bases across Cambridgeshire
CMC, Chesterton. CB4 1PX
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.