An exciting opportunity has arisen at Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust to be part of a new dynamic Acute Frailty Team. We are looking to recruit two cross-site ACPs, six Band 7 Frailty Practitioner Roles and four Band 6 Frailty Practitioner roles. The band 7 and band 6 roles are specific to one of our two sites.
All candidates must be have a passion for frailty, be proactive and ideally have experience in caring for frail, elderly patients. Working as part of a new multi-disciplinary team the post holder/s will lead and support the development of a new service that meets the needs of our local community. This is a partnership which demands we recruit original thinkers committed to providing high quality, safe care in the right place at the right time. The post holder/s will be part of a new team responsible for completing holistic, integrated, and personalised care plans to ensure positive and robust outcomes for the patient. The post holder/s will be fundamental to ensure consistent delivery of the service and maintain communication in a joined up clinical approach across secondary and community care.Main duties of the job
About usAbout the Trust
- Active participation in multi-disciplinary care including screening for frailty, the comprehensive geriatric assessment [CGA], Same Day Emergency Care [SDEC] and virtual ward services.
- Providing skilled assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of frailty conditions within defined guidelines and protocols.
- Ordering, performing and interpreting relevant clinical test and investigations
- Providing expert frailty advice and guidance to medical, nursing and other MDT colleagues.
- Recognise SPC (specialist palliative care team) as a key relationship and consider Advance Care Planning and use of the UCP (urgent care plan, London care record Cerner etc) as patient centred, admission avoidance tool.
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust provide services from two main hospitals,Chelsea and Westminster Hospital and West Middlesex University Hospital, and a number of clinics across London and the South-East.
We have nearly 7,000 members of staff that are PROUD to Care
for nearly one million people.Both hospitals provide full clinical services, including full maternity, emergency and children's,in addition to a range of community-based services across London, such as award-winning sexual health and HIV clinics.
We're one of the best performing Trusts in the country. We're also one of the top trusts to work for - our staff says they're engaged, motivated, and would recommend us as a place to work and receive treatment.Our Trust has been rated by the Care Quality Commission as 'Good' in all five of the main domains of safe, effective, caring, responsive and well-led, giving an us overall rating of 'Good'. We've also been awarded an'Outstanding' rating for 'use of resources' by an NHS Improvement inspection.
Our facilities are some of the best in the country. We have been investing significant Capital year on year in our estate. We have recently completed a �30m expansion of our adult and neonatal critical care facilities at Chelsea and Westminster and are planning an ambitious �60m development of an Ambulatory Diagnostics Centre at West Middlesex.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Work both autonomously and as part of the wider MDT in the management of a caseload of patients across the Acute Frailty Service including within the Emergency Department and Same Day Emergency Care [SDEC] service.
- Undertake an MDT led comprehensive geriatric assessment including ordering, performing and interpreting relevant clinical examinations under the supervision of senior clinician, as well as providing advice and education to patients and the wider multi-disciplinary team.
- Maintain awareness of own professional limitations, act within own scope of practice and agreed guidelines and protocols. Make use of professional judgement when managing complex or unpredictable situations.
- Empower patients to make decisions regarding their care and advocate for them within the wider MDT.
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- HCPC or NMC registration
- Non-medical prescriber
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
West Middlesex University Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.