An exciting opportunity to join a small, supportive, forward thinking department within Enfield community Services.
The role involves assessment, advice and monitoring children and young people across the primary care setting in Enfield for children with a range of conditions including obesity and faltering growth.
Carry out clinics at Cedar House, deliver group education sessions and workshops in various community sites. Collaborative and partnership working is an important part of the role.
There are opportunities to develop the role into a collaborative model working alongside our partners in health, social care and education.Main duties of the job
- To provide a comprehensive and quality dietetic service to paediatric patients (0-19) and their families in community clinics within the borough of Enfield. This includes service development and delivery for a range of clinical specialties including weight management, nutrition support and community educational workshops to support healthy eating in the borough of Enfield.
- To work closely as an integrated team (such as health visitors, school nurses, education teams and speech and language therapists) involved in the child's care and provide support when required.
- Continue to develop the dietetic service to facilitate effective patient care and multidisciplinary working within Primary Care settings.
- To work together as part of the wider community paediatric dietetic team ensuring the delivery of a high quality service and ensuring professional standards are maintained.
North Mid is part of North Central London integrated care system - consisting of the NHS and Local authority organisations in Camden, Islington, Barnet, Enfield and Haringey. As with other ICS's, we are working increasingly closely with partners and indeed many of our financial and performance objectives are measured at this system level. Whilst all organisations remain as standalone, statutory bodies we have an ICS infrastructure for making shared decisions and agreeing shared approaches.
We are proud of our staff and want to ensure their training allows them to provide excellent clinical care. We are also a training unit for medical students from UCL and St George's University Grenada, and for nursing and midwifery students from Middlesex and City Universities.
Take a tour of our hospital hereJob descriptionJob responsibilities
- Assessments of the patients needs and making clinical decisions regarding the necessary nutrition support and dietary interventions for all patients on the caseload.
- To develop and deliver educational group sessions to paediatric patients (0-19) and their families within the borough of Enfield.
- To undertake all aspects of clinical duties as an autonomous practitioner, holding the responsibility for own caseload of specialist and complex patients.
- To undergo supervision and development support in the form of regular individual and team supervision sessions as part of the wider dietetic team.
- To provide clinical supervision for junior members of staff.
- To undertake evidence-based audit and or research projects to further own and teams clinical practice with support and guidance from more senior staff. Make recommendations to clinical lead/manager of service for changes to practice by the team. May contribute to the implementation of specific changes to practice or contribute to service protocols.
- To be aware of and to highlight to the line manager any clinical governance issues pertaining to the role and practice.
- To contribute to the delivery of health promotion activities in collaboration with other health and community services and wider Trust initiatives.
- HPC registered Dietitian
- BSc in Nutrition/Dietetics or Postgraduate diploma or MSc in Nutrition and Dietetics.
Experience & KnowledgeEssential
- Post registration training / experience
- Member of BDA and other relevant special interest groups
- At least 12 months dietetic experience in Paediatrics, or demonstrates a keen interest in paediatrics
- Substantial experience working in NHS as a Dietitian
- Experience of teaching patients and staff
- Experience working as part of a team
- Experience in nutritional support
- Evidence of on-going CPD
- Experience in developing, implementing and evaluating projects and audits
- Experience in developing and delivering dietary education sessions to patients, families, relevant agencies and other HCP's
Skills and AptitudesEssential
- Supervising other staff
- Experience of safeguarding processes and meetings
- Experience of working in a community setting Rio (or other IT system) experience for clinical record keeping
- Rio (or other IT system) experience for clinical record keeping
- Ability to prioritise, organise and work in a busy environment with excellent timekeeping skills
- Ability to keep accurate and legible patient notes
- Able to demonstrate a high level of clinical reasoning
- Ability to develop good supervisory skills
- A strong commitment to patient care
- Good communication skills, able to present information (written and oral) in a clear and logical manner Good presentation skills. Strong team player. Reliable, professional and flexible. Able to work on own initiative.
- Good presentation skills
- Strong team player
- Reliable, professional and flexible
- Able to work on own initiative
- Able to apply behaviour change/motivational interviewing techniques
- Having a flexible approach to planning and delivering care
Knowledge Awareness & UnderstandingEssential
- Able to deal with difficult situations, e.g dealing with aggressive and/or emotional patients or carers
- Awareness of own knowledge and development needs
- Extensive knowledge base underpinning practice
- A good working knowledge of the NHS systems of care and awareness of current NHS policies and issues which impact on the profession
- Ability to process and manage complex information in relation to patient care
- Ability to recognise and work with diversity
- Able to work safely in line with Trust Policies and Procedures
- Having a comprehensive understanding of Clinical Governance in relation to dietetics and ability to apply principles to own area
- Knowledge of cultural/religious influences on food
- Awareness of current professional and NHS issues
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Good IT skills
- Able to maintain high levels of confidentiality
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Fluent in an additional language
- Car owner/ driver
North Middlesex University Hospital NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.