CLCH Hertfordshire Adult Community Services -
CLCH NHS Trust provides a range of Community Services, and the Hertfordshire Division is recruiting!
This Clinical Triage team is all about getting patients the right care at the right time in the right place.
Following an internal restructure we are launching a new model of Clinical Triage for our Herts Community Nursing teams. A new team is being created based in Hemel Hempstead, to undertake referral screening and initial remote assessment of all referrals to the service.
The team will cover 7 days a week 8am to 6pm and we have a range of full time and part time positions available.
We are looking for Band 6 Community Nurses and/or Paramedics to take on this important leadership role.Main duties of the job
You will have sound clinical skills and experience in order to be able to effectively complete remote clinical assessment and referral triage and support others to do the same. You will have the organisation and communication skills to be able to work as the shift leader.
An understanding of community nursing and previous experience of working in a community nursing or similar health or social care setting in a clinical role is essential. Use of telephone and video consultation, confidence with IT, and familiarity with electronic clinical record systems would be an advantage.
If you would like a challenging, rewarding role in a passionate and supportive team, we would welcome your application for this position. The role will be primarily based in Hemel Hempstead (HP2 7YU).About us
Just as we care about our patients' wellbeing, we care about yours!
We can offer you:
- A comprehensive induction into the community service followed by a local induction to introduce you to the role
- Car lease scheme *T& C's apply
- Flexible working options
- Annual travel card loan
- Training, support and development in your career
To have a full look at our benefits and what it's like working for us please go here: https://www.clch.nhs.uk/job/pay-and-benefitsJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to Job description and personal Specification for outline of skills, knowledge and experience required. Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- To set and maintain standards of care in clinical triage and deploy, co-ordinate and supervise the triage team across the service to maintain effective and timely response to new referrals.
- To provide leadership and management to a team of community nurses and support staff covering the triage function across Herts Valleys.
- To be responsible for the teams standards of triage, remote assessment, care planning, implementation and evaluation of individualised nursing care to patients living in the community.
- To contribute to a rota to provide robust cover 7 days a week, 8-6pm
- To be responsible for the teams maintenance of patient and other records
- Registered Nurse with current UK NMC registration / Current AHP with UK HCPC registration
- Evidence of continued personal professional development
Employer detailsEmployer name
- DN Specialist practitioner pathway or equivalent experience
- Relevant courses in Long Term Conditions Management, wound management, or similar
- Course of Top to Toe examination/ diagnosis
Central London Community Health TrustAddress
Hemel One (HQ)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.