This is an excellent opportunity to be part of our Band 7 Critical Care rotational program. We are a regional centre with 4 large adult critical care units, providing the opportunity to gain experience and expertise of number of regional sub specialities. This includes cardiothoracic transplant patients, major trauma, Neuro, Upper GI and burns. Rotations are 24months within each area allowing for personal and service development within each sub speciality.
The postholder will be supported by a Band 8A Clinical Specialist and Operational Lead. You will work closely with Band 7 peers, together with key members of the MDT within each clinical area to support our broader vision of optimising service delivery to each sub speciality area.
Main duties of the job
- Interview Date: 12 December 2023
- 37 hours 30 minutes/week (weekend commitment 1:4)
- You will be redirected to Trac to apply for the vacancy. Please expand the job details section and read all of the information before applying for the vacancy.
- To work as part of a physiotherapy team delivering a high standard of physiotherapy care to a defined ward or speciality area within the rotational scheme.
- Rotation areas at the Freeman Hospital are W37 General ITU and Cardiothoracic Critical Care
- Rotation areas at RVI are Ward 38 General ITU and W18 Neurotrauma critical care
- To be an active member of the appropriate multi disciplinary team within each rotational area
- To be responsible for own continued professional development
- To be part of the emergency duty on call and weekend rota
Newcastle Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is one of the busiest, largest and most successful teaching NHS foundation trusts in the country, with over 18,000 staff and an annual income of �1 billion.
We have a long history of providing high quality care, clinical excellence, and innovation in medical research regionally, nationally and internationally.
We're also proud to be the second largest provider of specialised services in the country. This means we support people with a range of rare and complex medical, surgical and neurological conditions, cancers and genetic orders.
Our staff oversee around 1.84 million patients 'contacts' each year, delivering high standards of healthcare.
Please see attached information on what Staff Benefits we have to offer at our Trust.
We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and recognise the benefit in providing an inclusive environment. We value and respect the diversity of our employees and aim to recruit a workforce which reflects the communities we serve, and is equipped to deliver the best service to our patients. We welcome all applications irrespective of people's race, disability, gender, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity and in particular those from under- represented groups.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To provide a high standard of physiotherapy care to a highly complex patient group on each rotation.
To participate in the Advanced Physiotherapy respiratory rotational scheme, which involves working across the trust in a range of clinical settings for 12 month periods
Please note it is a requirement of The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust that all successful candidates who require a DBS for the post they have been offered pay for their DBS certificate.The method of payment is a salary deduction from your first months pay.
As a flexible working friendly organisation, we want to be sure that you can work in a way that is best for us and for our patients, and for you. Speak to us about how we might be able to accommodate a flexible working arrangement. If it works for the service, we will do our best to make it work for you.Person SpecificationKNOWLEDGEEssential
- Highly specialist knowledge of medical conditions relevant to the speciality and their impact on patient's functional abilities.
- Highly specialist knowledge of the physiotherapy process and its application with the client group in the speciality
- Knowledge of undertaking research projects
- Knowledge of current NHS initiatives e.g. National Service Frameworks, Improving Working Lives
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to pass on skills and knowledge to others both formally and informally.
- Good organisation, time management, problem-solving and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to reflect and critically appraise own practice
- IT Skills
- Specialist treatment skills e.g. NIV
- Significant experience post-grad experience including experience at Senior level within Respiratory Care.
- Experience of working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience of teaching and delivering presentations.
- Previous experience at Senior I grade
- Experience of carrying out audit projects
- Degree or Equivalent Diploma in Physiotherapy
- Degree or Equivalent Diploma in Physiotherapy
- Evidence of CPD and relevant post-graduate courses
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
- Involvement with the relevant CSP Clinical
- Special Interest Group e.g. ACPRC
The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
317 Royal Victoria Infirmary
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.