The post holder will work in the Haematology department, which is involved in a wide spectrum of clinical research ranging from translational studies through phases 1-4. The team works in collaboration with the TV& SM CRN as well as academic, charity and commercial partners.
Clinical responsibilities include education of patients and colleagues, trial recruitment, co-ordination of care for patients on trials, collection and preparation of biological samples, collection of trial data and administration of experimental agents.Main duties of the job
We are looking for an enthusiastic senior research nurse who has management and haematology research experience to lead our Late Phase Haematology Trials Team. We are looking for someone with drive and ambition to help us deliver our late phase haematology clinical trials portfolio and promote high quality patient care.
You will be an experienced research nurse,with experience of working within haematology trials and clinical research structure within the UK. Potential candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of managing clinical staff
- Relevant post registration experience
- Clinical Research experience
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
You will be responsible for leading a team, ensuring recruitment targets are met, patients are seen through the trial, study assessments completed and ensuring data is reported accurately and on time. You will work closely with a variety of healthcare professionals and teams so excellent communication skills are essential, as is attention to detail. You will need to be able to manage your own workload and also work as part of a team.About usOxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
is one of the largest NHS teaching trusts in the country. It provides a wide range of general and specialist clinical services and is a base for medical education, training and research. Find out more herewww.ouh.nhs.uk
The Trust comprises four hospitals - the John Radcliffe Hospital, Churchill Hospital and Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre in Headington and the Horton General Hospital in Banbury.
Our values, standards and behaviours define the quality of clinical care we offer and the professional relationships we make with our patients, colleagues and the wider community. We call thisDelivering Compassionate Excellence
and its focus is on our values of compassion, respect, learning, delivery, improvement and excellence. These values put patients at the heart of what we do and underpin the quality healthcare we would like for ourselves or a member of our family. Watch how we set out to deliver compassionate excellence via theOUH YouTube channel.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To ensure the effective delivery of a high standard of nursing care for all trial patients by providing clinical leadership, direction and supervision.
- Actively participate in the education and supervision of nursing and administrative staff in all aspects of trial activity and related patient care
- To ensure that the trial portfolio is conducted to the highest standard according to GCP principles
- To raise the profile of clinical trials making them more accessible for patients thus achieving national recruitment targets and ensure achievement of key performance targets regarding recruitment to NIHR portfolio studies
- Maintain and continually develop specialist knowledge of nursing practice
- Promote patient involvement in their care and the development of the service.
- Act as a mentor and role model to junior staff, reflecting the beliefs about professional nursing practice, research governance and patient care outlined in the unit philosophy.
**Please see full Job Description for more details**Person SpecificationEducation and TrainingEssential
- Registered adult nurse: on NMC register
- Honours degree in nursing
- Relevant specialist training in cancer carte/palliative care/clinical research
- Management/leadership qualification/training
Desirable Special skills/aptitudesEssential
- Experience of nurse leadership and management in oncology/haematology/clinical research
- Excellent clinical skills and good knowledge of the speciality
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of partnership working with consumers/service users
Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Old Road, Headington
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.