Are you an experienced Registered Nurse, Midwife or Allied Health Professional with a proven track record in developing evidence based educational programmes? If so, an opportunity has arisen to work as the Lead for Post Registration Professional Development within the Clinical Education Team. A culture of education and practice development is at the core of our Trust values to ensure our workforce are provided with development opportunities in order to deliver safe, high quality care. You will join a highly motivated and diverse education team who prioritise education, embrace change and promote innovative ways of working. You will lead on the development, delivery and ongoing assurance monitoring of: a robust process for the development and accreditation of CPD programmes responsive educational programmes to address changing service needs the governance process for the effective utilisation of CPD funds partnership working with education providersMain duties of the job
The post holder will lead on the development of a quality assurance education process for all clinical non-medical programmes of education provided by CUH under the direction /support of the Head of Education: Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Health Professionals. This will include the development and ongoing assurance monitoring of the following:
responsive educational programmes to address changing service needs, national changes in policy and educational response to epidemics/pandemics.
an effective governance process is in place across CUH for the effective utilisation of Health Education England (HEE) and Trust funding for continuing professional development (CPD).
partnership working with education providers and HEI's to ensure that they are responsive to the changing needs of the service.
a professional development framework for CUH educators to ensure all have the knowledge, skills and approaches to educate the Trust workforce.
a robust process for the development and accreditation of CUH CPD programmes.
partnership working with the Lead Nurse for research to ensure educational programmes are evidence based and focus on service improvement.
working with the Head of Non-Medical Education to ensure that a School of Non-Medical Clinical Education is established which provides opportunities for income generation.
oversight of education for internationally recruited staffAbout usCome Nurse with us...
Cambridge University Hospitals (CUH) NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest teaching Trusts in the country. It comprises Addenbrooke's Hospital and the Rosie Hospital. We provide accessible high-quality healthcare for the local people of Cambridge and regional and national specialist services. It's a great place to nurse, work and live.
You will work on a vibrant hospital campus with a friendly community feel we have excellent facilities to practise your skills and abilities to support your career pathway and development. Our values of Together - Safe, Kind, Excellent
support the delivery of outstanding care. We have a fully electronic patient record system that is improving health-care quality this is transforming services, improving patient safety and clinical outcomes.
CUH is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves. We value our differences and fully advocate and support an inclusive working environment where every individual can fulfil their potential. We want to ensure our people are truly representative of all the communities that we serve. We welcome applications for all positions in the organisation irrespective of people's age, disability, ethnicity, race, nationality, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity status or social economic background.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Applicant Information Pack (combined Job Description and Person Specification) for key duties and responsibilities.
Closing date is midnight on 3 December 2023
Interviews are due to be held on 11 December 2023 Why choose Cambridge University Hospitals?
Benefits to you
- Our values and reputation for outstanding care
- Opportunities to experience a range of specialities
- Career and development opportunities
- Preceptorship and mentoring programmes delivered by a dedicated clinical education support team
- Research experience and opportunities
- Lovely location and quality of life
- Excellent schools/colleges and transport links (road, rail and air)
We offer development opportunities and a wide range of benefits including on-site leisure facilities, shopping concourse, day nurseries and access to a great transport system with easy access to airports and rail travel.
Please note if you would like to discuss the required hours of this role further, you should approach the contact given. In some cases alternative working hours will be considered.
We welcome applications from the Armed Forces.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered practitioner with current professional registration (NMC or HCPC).
- Master's Degree in relevant subject.
- Relevant Education Qualification (PG Cert Clinical Education or equivalent).
- Evidence of relevant study and continuing professional development.
- Post registration leadership development/experience
- Professional Nurse Advocate
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Evidence of ongoing Continuous Professional Development (CPD) in area of specialism
- Leadership and management qualification.
- Significant experience within non-medical education role e.g. Clinical/practice educator, practice development or lecturer.
- Significant experience of leading and managing teams and evidence of effective leadership skills.
- Significant experience of designing, developing, delivering, and evaluating bespoke education programmes.
- Ongoing recent evidence of leading clinical innovation or leading change within clinical practice.
- Experience of project management and other complex briefs.
- Demonstrable record of partnership working and stakeholder engagement.
- Demonstrable experience of marking academic assessments and providing high quality feedback to learners
- Experience in the establishment of Quality Assurance processes for education programmes
- Experience of commissioning educational programmes.
- Proven achievement in developing policy and service objectives, establishing and implementing innovative solutions.
- Experience of research activities.
- Experience of working with HEI's to obtain accreditation for internal educational programmes.
- Experience of developing post-registration modules
- Experience of working with HEI partners contributing to programme design, delivery and assessment.
- Experience of presenting research/study findings at conferences
- Knowledge of the NHS Education agenda.
- Awareness of the workforce development agenda and healthcare education funding.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the NHS: practices and challenges.
- Knowledge of professional standards/requirements (NMC and HCPC).
- Evidence and knowledge of curriculum development /education programme leadership.
- Understanding of regulatory and NHS strategy which impacts on education provision and experience of developing strategies to address changes.
- Understanding of the principles and practice of performance improvement and key performance indicators (KPI's).
- Knowledge of clinical audit and evaluation of services.
- Sound understanding of contemporary pedagogical approaches to professional education and development
- Knowledge of the process for accreditation for internal educational programmes.
- Demonstrable educational, operational and strategic leadership skills.
- Ability to network and communicate effectively with and motivate, negotiate, inspire and influence others.
- Ability to build and develop teams and maintain constructive working relationships.
- Ability to work across professional role and organisational boundaries to maintain constructive relationships.
- Ability to engage with stakeholders regionally and nationally to raise awareness of CUH's profile.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and teaching skills.
- Ability to make decisions in a pressured environment.
- Ability to produce reports, action plans, both written and verbal, to persuade and influence.
- Ability to ensure a balance between empowering others to act and holding to account in order to achieve agreed targets and objectives.
- Information Technology Skills.
- Project Management Skills.
- Evidence of managing project budgets and providing reports in line with project milestones.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- The ability to understand and behave at all times, towards patients, visitors and colleagues according to the Trust values of Safe, Kind, Excellent.
- Ability to travel independently to external meetings when required.
- Willingness to be flexible with working hours in order to meet the needs of the service.
Cambridge University Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.