On Eden Ward we care principally for people undergoing investigations and treatment of disorders affecting the blood or bone marrow and for people with different types of cancer. We provide high standard of care to level 3 patients receiving intensive chemotherapy treatments on a daily basis. This is an exciting time as we have started a new autologous stem cell transplant service at Wexham Park Hospital as a spoke for Oxford University Hospital.Driven to provide nursing led care you will be working with a dedicated patient list to provide holistic care to our patients and as part of the multi-disciplinary team ensure their safe and timely discharge. We are excited to be using an E-prescribing system and provide full training on this and you will also work closely with Eden Day Unit with rotational opportunities available for the right candidates.We have opportunities for final year students / newly qualified Staff nurses and offer a bespoke 12 month preceptorship program with 14 protected study days and can offer the accredited course in chemotherapy nursing practice to you once you have completed the preceptorship course. We have a dedicated practice development team to drive your professional development so wherever you are in your career journey we can help you grow.Main duties of the job
- To be responsible for the day to day management of Eden ward.
- Ensuring that there is effective and efficient use of available resources.
- Ensuring the Department has a skilled and competent workforce and that clinical practices are innovative and evidence based.
- Coordinating and managing the nursing team.
- Providing leadership and maintaining and developing standards of care.
- Adopt a highly visible and accessible approach for patients, leading by example in empowering and developing staff to undertake a greater range of clinical activities in order to modernize and improve patient care.
- To be responsible for the performance management of key individuals in respect of the nursing contribution to service delivery.
- Assist matron
Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust provides NHS hospital services for around 900,000 people across Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey and south Buckinghamshire.
As well as delivering excellent general hospital services to local people, we provide specialist heart attack, vascular, stroke, spinal, cystic fibrosis and plastic surgery services across a much wider area.
We have three main hospitals - Frimley Park in Frimley near Camberley, Heatherwood in Ascot and Wexham Park near Slough.
Our three core values, and the behaviours that support them, guide everything we do and set out what we expect of our staff in the way they treat patients, visitors, service users and each other, Committed to Excellence, Working Together and Facing the Future.
We are also proud to host the Defence Medical Group South East at Frimley Park with military surgical, medical and nursing personnel working alongside the hospital's NHS staff providing care to patients in all specialtiesJob descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease refer to the attached Job Description and Person Specification for main responsibilities of this role.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- RN Level 1
- Current NMC Registration
- Mentorship Prep Course of Equivalent
- Accredited Chemotherapy course
- Evidence of clinical/management development and recent clinical updating.
- Management Qualification
- Diploma or degree level registration Management qualification e.g. CMS, DMS
- Oncology / haematology course.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Competent in basic life support and IV administration
- Competent in chemotherapy administration.
- Venepuncture and cannulation
- Recent management experience as a Band 6 within haematology / oncology.
Frimley Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Wexham Park Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.