Are you a registered Pharmacist looking for a new role that offers variety as well as flexibility? Are you looking to increase your existing knowledge and experience in AMS?
We are looking for a Senior Clinical Pharmacist to join us on a 12-month FTC working as part of the Senior Clinical team based in either Slough or Reading.
Within this role you will have responsibility for a variety of duties including leading our Antimicrobial Stewardship (AMS) programme, being actively involved in strategic planning, education, training, surveillance, and governance of antimicrobial usage as well as providing clinical pharmacy support to our inpatient community health wards.
You will be part of a multidisciplinary team, working closely with all grades of pharmacy staff as well as a wide range of medical, nursing and AHP colleagues. You will have the opportunity to engage in the wider regional and national context, regarding antimicrobial drug use, represent the Trust at relevant network or regional meetings and sustain relationships with commissioners and key stakeholders.
As a Trust we are big on the development of our staff and whilst in this role will support you to advance your clinical and leadership skills.
We are open to both full and part time applicants and can offer flexibility around core hours (9-5) as well as the opportunity for some home working.Main duties of the job
- Provide Pharmacy oversight of vaccination and immunisation programmes including Influenza and Covid 19
- Provide expert antimicrobial therapy advice to pharmacy staff and other healthcare professionals to encourage and ensure good prescribing practices, optimise outcomes and reduce individual patient and organisational risk
- Evaluate pharmacy services for antimicrobial stewardship and infection management throughout the Trust in accordance with local and national standards and policies, ensuring the safe, clinical and cost effective use of antimicrobials
- Represent the Trust at various AMS groups including the Trust's AMS Group (AMSG) meetings, the cross-sector AMS Network across primary-secondary care settings in Berkshire and the regional Thames Valley & Wessex antimicrobial pharmacist network
- Contribute to the development, monitoring, updating and dissemination of Antimicrobial prescribing guidelines and related policies to ensure appropriate antimicrobial prescribing
We value diversity and are proud to be a Stonewall Top 100 Employer.We work hard to create an inclusive environment where you'll be supported by friendly and professional colleagues to flourish.
Our values at Berkshire Healthcare:
- Caring for and about you is our top priority
- Committed to providing good quality, safe services
- Working Together with you to develop innovative solution
We welcome people who share these values to come and work for us.
Benefits of working for us include:
Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesThe must haves for this role:
- Flexible working options to support work-life balance.
- 27 days' annual leave rising with service + opportunity to buy and sell
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Excellent learning and career development opportunities
- 'Cycle to Work' and car leasing scheme
- Access to a range of wellbeing tools and services
- Discounts at hundreds of popular retailers and restaurants
- Staff networks for race, diversity, disabilities and armed forces community to support equality
- Generous maternity, paternity, adoption and special leave.
- Free parking across Trust sites
- Be a UK registered Pharmacist
- Previous hospital pharmacy experience
- Relevant AMS experience
- Full UK driving license with access to vehicl
If youre someone who shares our passion for excellence and care, join us and lets be outstanding together.
We welcome a conversation about flexibility and any other questions you may have. Please dont hesitate to call: Carl Partridge, Chief Pharmacist on 07799 861823 or emailCarl.Partridge@berkshire.nhs.uk wholl be delighted to help.
We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of any protected characteristics. Reasonable adjustments will be made for disabled applicants where required.Person SpecificationEducation/Qualifications/TrainingEssential
- Good Pharmacy Honours degree (BPharm or MPharm)
- Postgraduate diploma or Master's degree in clinical pharmacy
- Registration with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
Continuous Professional DevelopmentEssential
- Member of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Evidence of continuing professional development and compliance with the GPhC CPD on-line recording system to maintain fitness to practice
- Substantial post registration experience as a practising pharmacist
- Substantial experience in a general clinical / hospital pharmacy including ward based clinical work
- Extensive experience of working as pharmacist involved in antimicrobial stewardship
- Experience of chairing working groups and committees
- Experience of providing medicines related information to patients / carers
- Experience in audit or project facilitation
- Experience in undergraduate and junior pharmacist/pre-registration training/teaching
- Experience of multidisciplinary team working
- Experience of line management and clinical supervision
Knowledge, Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Experience of mental health hospital pharmacy
- Experience of service planning/development
- Experience of budget management
- Demonstrates expert clinical knowledge and skills
- Ability to critically appraise research and incorporate into practice.
- Manages difficult and ambiguous clinical problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to influence, negotiate with and practice at senior and directorate level
- High level of report writing and presentation skills
- Keyboard skills and computer literate, with the ability to use software packages.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills in order to communicate confidently in all situations
- Demonstrates ability to organise and prioritise own workload
- Demonstrates awareness of and commitment to the Clinical Governance Agenda
- Keen to undertake self-development
- Time management skills
- To be flexible, work under pressure and provide reports or work at short notice to meet deadlines when required
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to travel across all Berkshire Healthcare sites
- Flexible approach to work patterns in line with needs of the service
Berkshire Healthcare Foundation TrustAddress
Pharmacy Dept - Prospect Park Hospital
Honey End Lane
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.