An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the imaging department as the Radiology Data and Systems Manager. The role is split into two parts the first is to manage the radiology data, ensuring that all data is timely, validated and of the highest quality. The second part is to maintain and support the radiology systems. We are seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to become part of our friendly and hardworking radiology team. The post holder is responsible for leading on data submissions, data collection and information relating to radiology patients within the Trust. This includes data around the national DMO1 standards, national, South West London (SWL) and local radiology audits. The post holder will ensure that data collection mechanisms, including the use of Soliton RIS are robust and that the Trust meets all radiology submission targets and that the data accurately reflects the Trust's radiology performance. The post holder will be responsible for ensuring that developments are undertaken to the Soliton Radiology Information System (RIS) and to ensure Soliton is fully utilised for management and reporting of radiology patients. The post holder will assist the Radiology Service Manager in the design, development and implementation of diagnostic service reports and operational planning required to support performance across the Trust. Strong IT skills and an understanding of data management and databases are essential to undertake this role.Main duties of the job
Produce robust and clear radiology reports as required for management team, performance monitoring and data representations, including providing data for daily operational meetings.
Provide activity reports, database queries for research purposes, report turnover times, appointments and DNA reports, examinations not completed on RIS, and reports not authorised on RIS or other associated ad hoc queries for Clinicians and associated staff outside of Imaging Department.
Responsible for data cleansing on Soliton RIS to achieve optimal data quality.
Submit monthly Radiology Diagnostic Imaging Dataset (DID submission) to NHS Digital, present data for ad hoc queries/ audits and any DOH/ NHS England requests.
Complete data side on FOI requests in relation with radiology spending, activity, assets and workforce.
Support data protection compliance through training staff and escalation of any risks to the PACS Manager and Radiology Quality Lead.
Support and monitor monthly data outputs for Costing and Commissioning and Business intelligence including monthly DOH returns, Patient Tracking Lists and cross charge information.
Monitor and regularly audit the worklists in RIS/ PACS, identifying problems and taking remedial action if necessary.
Monthly DMO1 submission data to be validated and all breaches to be investigated.About us
There's never been a better time to join the Epsom and St Helier team. Our hospitals are facing a bright and busy future, and our staff have a proven track record in providing high quality, compassionate care for our patients.
Our hospitals are exciting places to work, and tovolunteer, with a range ofopportunitiesacross a wide range of clinical fields, as well as support and administrative roles.
Boasting incredible staff benefits and dedicated training schemes, working for us will not only take your career forward, but could help to transform the lives of our patients and visitors.
We offer all employees somefantasticstaff benefits, and are the only hospitals in Surrey to offer staff the London high cost areasupplement. Our hospitals also benefit from great locations, so whether you're attracted to the bright lights of the city or the countryside of Epsom Downs, both are withineasy reach.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description for further information main roles and responsibilities of this role.Person SpecificationQualifications & TrainingEssential
- Science/IT related degree or equivalent experience, especially within Soliton
- Working knowledge of PC Software to include MS Word MS Excel
Experience, Knowledge & SkillsEssential
- Evidence of project management
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills and ability to enable assessment of facts or situations
- Excellent data and information analysis and report generation skills
- Experience of waiting list management and national standards
- Experience of managing small departmental IT projects
- Good communications/ interpersonal skills for liaising with a range of customer needs and abilities
- Experience of trouble shooting and resolving IT systems queries within agreed boundaries.
Personal Attributes/ SkillsEssential
- An understanding of NHS processes and organisational structures
- Experience of use of various Trust Health Informatics Systems and interactions
- Experience of producing operational policies
- Uses initiative to act autonomously on routine matters, and to escalate non standard matters appropriately
- Ability to work under own initiative, managing workload to deliver solutions to agreed timescale, as well as the ability to work within a team
- Adaptable, flexible and innovative approach to work
- Attention to detail
- Calm under pressure, and able to work to deadlines
- Displays an enthusiastic nature
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Deal with changing priorities
Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.