We are welcoming applications from Nurses graduating in 2024.
This is what some of our Nurses say about coming to work at Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust:
- I heard about the hospital from my friend and the best thing I liked is the calm, quiet and safe place to live as a family. As a Registered Nurse with HDFT the opportunity for further learning attracted me the most.
- I feel full of knowledge after I have joined the Trust due to the learning programmes and skills which we have been taught everyday....The entire staff is supportive and is always there for whatever difficulties we face at our work.
We believe Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust is both small enough to treat its staff as individuals and to offer tailored training programmes, while being large and varied enough to provide a wide range of opportunities at all levels. We currently have nursing opportunities for Nurses graduating in 2024 across a range of departments.
Preceptorship at Harrogate District Foundation NHS Trust is a protected programme that is fully supported by our Director for Nursing and AHP's and the nursing management team. The programme focuses upon the achievement of clinical and professional competence and is designed to meet the specific needs of the preceptee.Main duties of the jobAs a Trust we offer our Registered Nurses:
- Access to clinical skills training in our Clinical Skills Lab and personal development courses
- First Line Leadership programme to help develop your leadership skills
- Highly recommended Preceptorship Programme
- Your first year of NMC fees paid
- 4 weeks supernumerary and ongoing mentoring
- Band 6 and 7 development posts
- Support and guidance with revalidation
To keep up to date with all of our latest Recruitment activity here at Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust follow us on Facebook: Team HDFT jobs Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust and Twitter: @HDFT_Careers.About us
At Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust we provide outstanding care to both our patients and our staff. We support staff through benefits, health and wellbeing initiatives and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- An inclusive and supportive culture our Trust encourages staff to bring their whole selves to work and active Staff Networks identify areas for improvement.
- Staff Recognition - as well as regular appraisals, we recognise staff with our Making a Difference, Team of the Month Awards & Colleague Recognition Awards
- Employee Support and wellbeing - we have a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme, counselling service and fast track physiotherapy service for employees.
- Staff Benefits - We have a range of staff benefits and schemes to support staff health, engagement, wellbeing and inclusion.
- I am proud to be a nurse in Harrogate, and the Trust provide training through Preceptorship and opportunity to work under an expert mentor.
- The preceptor programme is well laid out and interesting. The Practice Educators have helped me a great deal
We look forward to receiving your application. Job Description
1) To work as a member of the multi-disciplinary team and to provide nursing care for patients. This requires detailed knowledge of equipment and specialised information on procedures undertaken in the clinical environment.
2) In consultation with senior staff, the post holder will help plan, co-ordinate, implement, and evaluate care for patients.
3) Maintain standards in accordance with ward /Trust policies and procedures and NMC code of conduct
4) Maintain a safe working environment, being aware of the necessity to comply with Health & Safety regulations and the Environmental Health Act, and to attend mandatory training courses.
5) Maintain safe custody of all drugs and medicines and when trained demonstrate the manipulation, dexterity and co-ordination of IV drugs.
6) To work unsupervised at times, using ward Protocols and Policies.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Pre -registration experience.
- Relevant post-registration clinical experience
- oRegistered Nurse with current NMC registration or working towards registration
- oDiploma/Degree in Nursing or related field
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Displays an understanding of HDFT's values
Harrogate and District NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Harrogate District Hospital
Lancaster Park Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.