You will be a key member of the Estates and Facilities Directorates senior leadership team, ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors attending the Rotherham General Hospital and multiple healthcare facilities across our extensive community portfolio.You will have all the necessary qualifications and knowledge required to provide professional leadership and strategic direction for health and safety risk management and compliance with statutory and regulatory bodies. You will support the delivery of high-quality safe care and environment for all those who visit and work at The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust.The Head of Health and Safety is required to interpret relevant legislation and guidance in order to develop and implement Trust wide policies and procedures on behalf of the Trust Board, Executive Directors staff and contractors.As Head of Health and Safety, you will also be leading and managing a team of staff who are required to ensure compliance with statutory legislation and industry best practice, through implementation of the Trust Health and Safety strategy, policies and procedures.Main duties of the job
The Head of Health and Safety will undertake the following duties, including but not limited to: Providing strategic leadership and direction for the management of Health and Safety, ensuring the Trust has an up to date and comprehensive health and safety risk management strategy and procedures in place which are implemented and maintained across the Trust to support and embed a risk management culture. Being an accountable person in respect of Health and Safety and related legislation, codes of practice and directives whilst demonstrating that the Trust is compliant with a range of statutory, regulatory and other frameworks relating to safety as required by healthcare and industry regulators. Ensuring that monitoring of Health and Safety performance is undertaken with appropriate expertise to deliver professional and reliable advice at strategic and operational levels. Leading in the drafting and review of Health and Safety related policies and procedures and assist in ensuring all related Health and Safety legislative requirements meet the essential requirements of the HSE and CQC. Managing the delivery of health and safety training across disciplines including risk assessment and manual handlingAbout us
The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust is a combined acute and community Trust serving a population of over 260,000 with over 4,500 staff. Our vision is to always act the right way and be proud to provide exceptional healthcare to the communities of Rotherham. We are working successfully with partners across South Yorkshire as part of the Integrated Care Board where we are leading and collaborating in several key work streams and service areas, including workforce development. We combine our patient first approach with innovation and care against a backdrop of system working, as encapsulated in our Trust values
AMBITIOUS - We set high standards for the services we deliver. We aim to be an outstanding Trust and we are enthusiastic about delivering excellent health care for our patients.
CARING - We embrace the importance of giving the highest possible quality of care for our patients. We also care for each other as colleagues and for the community, our resources, our environment and our future.
TOGETHER - We value the importance of working together with patients, carers and families to ensure that we provide high quality patient centred care. We are committed to working with partners and stakeholders across Rotherham, South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw to develop sustainable services for the population we serve. Getting the right leaders in the Trust is critical to achieving.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, for both our patients and our workforce.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached the job description and person specification for the full details about the role and the responsibilities.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Knowledge to Masters in Health and Safety/ Healthcare Risk Management or equivalent level of study/experience.
- Be a chartered member of IOSH professional body CMIOSH or working towards chartered membership,
- Hold a leadership management diploma or equivalent experience.
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Excellent knowledge of Health and Safety requirements for compliance with relevant standards.
- Able to understand complex legislation including health and safety, building and building services regulations.
- Professional, technical, specialist in health and safety.
- Knowledge of CQC Standards, Procurement and other relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Planning and organising: Demonstrates an ability to prioritise own workload and responds appropriately to urgent and emergency situations
- Analytical and Judgement: Analyses complex data obtained from several data sources in order to inform decision making up to Board level
- Communication and relationships: Able to receive and present complex information within a multi professional team. Ability to convey sensitive information in an empathetic manner to patients,
- relative/carers and staff. Demonstrate effective written and
- verbal communication skills. Produce timely, accurate written/electronic records and documents.
- Willingness to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service development.
- Demonstrates leadership in the management of change.
- Manage staff and performance issues including staff illness that can be distressing.
- Demonstrable experience in healthcare risk management and compliance.
- Demonstrable experience in formulating development plans and policies e.g. NHS national policies, standards, requirements and directions that relate to measuring and improving the quality and safety of patient care.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Working knowledge/experience of other estates/facilities services.
The Rotherham NHS Foundation TrustAddress
The Rotherham Nhs Foundation Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.