An exciting opportunity has arisen for a B7 Team Leader to join our Community Adult Planned Care team based in Harpenden Memorial Hospital. The team consists of Community Nurses, District Nurses, Community Paramedics, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, and Health Care Assistants. The Community Nursing team covers 8am-8pm, 7 days a week. Our aim is to be the best we can, offering safe, patient-centred and evidence based care to those accessing our service.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated Team Leader to join the Planned Care Team in St Albans and Harpenden. The post holder will provide leadership working alongside the other Team Leads to support the community nursing team to provide excellent, evidenced based care to the patients on the caseload. The post holder will be part of the leadership team but must maintain clinical competencies, of which approximately 50% of your hours will be clinical. This is to ensure that those patients with complex needs are managed effectively and the team are supported to develop their skills and competencies.Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop their clinical leadership and operational management skills, taking responsibility for a range of tasks to support the smooth running of the service and the delivery of high quality clinical care. You will be supported by the Locality Manager and will have the opportunity to develop strong peer relationships with colleagues from the wider leadership team for the Planned Care CBU across all four localities in West Herts.About us
Just as we care about our patients' wellbeing, we care about yours!
We can offer you:
- A comprehensive induction into the community service followed by a local induction to introduce you to the role
- Single occupancy accommodation in Central London - (we can help you find accommodation in London, support you with your deposit)
- Support with gaining your driving license *T& C's apply
- Car lease scheme *T& C's apply
- Flexible working options
- Annual travel card loan
- Training, support and development in your career
To have a full look at our benefits and what it's like working for us please go here: https://www.clch.nhs.uk/job/pay-and-benefitsJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached Job Description for full list of responsibilities Person SpecificationEducation/QualificationEssential
- To lead and manage a designated community nursing teams, taking overall responsibility for the assessment, management and evaluation of evidence based nursing care to patients in a variety of community settings,
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the team.
- To promote effective teamwork within the wider Primary Health Care Team, delegating activities appropriately, to the benefit of the patient and service delivery.
- To monitor the quality of care provision and to identify and promote areas for service development.
- To be responsible for the performance of the team, and individuals within it.
- To support the Service Manager and clinical lead in delivering high quality care that delivers best value, and meets the requirements of commissioners.
- To work in partnership with key stakeholders to ensure high quality, integrated and seamless care is delivered.
- To act as a key point of contact for GPs and other general practice staff.
- To ensure that each member of the nursing team is competent, able to meet the full needs of their clients and operates to high standards.
- To be responsible for the effective management of a caseload and provide proactive case management to prevent unnecessary admission to hospital.
- To work within and across professional and organisational boundaries, liaising with GPs other professionals and statutory and voluntary agencies to deliver individualised and expert nursing care to a high standard to client, and leading communication with all stakeholders.
- To be responsible for providing practical teaching support across the caseloads to improve staffs clinical competency. In addition the post holder will deal with performance issues as well as facilitating learning and providing assessment, mentorship and preceptorship to specific students and newly appointed staff.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Registered Nurse with current UK NMC registration
- Evidence of continuing professional education and training at degree level
- Qualification in team / service management or prepared to work towards.
- Mentor or practice based learning training
- Community or Independent Nurse Prescribing qualification or prepared to work towards
Central London Community Health TrustAddress
Harpenden Memorial Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.