We invite applications for this exciting opportunity within the Birmingham Women's Fertility Centre at Birmingham Women's and Children's NHS Foundation Trust.
We are looking for Ambitious, Brave and Compassionate individuals keen to work in our team, delivering the best in care, honing their Clinical skills and helping develop key research in our field. You will be working alongside our reputed Consultant team of Lynne Robinson, Yadava Jeve and Justin Chu, and the rest of our team to help deliver our aims. We have strong links with the University of Birmingham with our HFEA Person Responsible and Lead Scientist Professor Jackson Kirkman-Brown working across both institutions.
We are proud of the people who have trained with our team.
The Fertility Centre has been providing exceptional care to couples and individuals experiencing fertility problems for over 40 years and is regionally, nationally and internationally recognised for its infertility care and research. We are an expert team employing a holistic approach to treatment. We are the only specialist fertility centre in the Midlands licensed to provide a full range of services from diagnosis of infertility to specialist fertility surgery, assisted conception treatment and have a nationally leading pre-implantation genetic diagnosis service.
The successful candidate will have strong knowledge and communication skills and show a keen interest in our area. Main duties of the job
This is a full-time post within the Fertility Centre. We aim to support all patients that access our services from initial referral to the hospital, throughout their treatment until their family is complete. The post is based within our Medical Team structure.
The attached Job Description and Person Specification highlights the main areas of responsibility for the post. About us
Birmingham Women's and Children's NHS Foundation Trust is the first of its type in the UK. Our Trust was formed in February 2017 to drive forward our commitment to provide the highest quality, world-class physical and mental health care for our women, children and families. Uniting our hospitals means more seamless care more investment to make greater advances in our specialist treatment and world-leading neo-natal and fetal work. Importantly, it also gives us a greater voice in shaping the future of family-centred care.
Birmingham Children's Hospital is a UK leading specialist paediatric centre with an international reputation in several areas.
Birmingham Women's Hospital is one of two dedicated women's hospitals in the UK, with the busiest single site maternity unit, delivering more than 8,200 babies a year offering a full range of gynaecological, maternity and neonatal care.
Forward Thinking Birmingham (FTB) Mental Health Services are a unique, innovative community and inpatient mental health partnership. Alongside partners FTB offers care pathways of mental health assessment and treatment for young people aged 0-25 years old.
Our Trust is committed to creating the best place to work. We believe in promoting and enhancing inclusion, diversity and equality and encourage applications from all areas of the community, who meet the criteria for the role, regardless of age, gender identity, disability, race, religion or sexual orientation.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification for details of this role and the relevant responsibilities.Person SpecificationCriteria for RoleEssential
- GMC Registration
- Minimum 3 Years' Experience in OBGYN
- Gynaecology and Infertility Ultrasound experience
- Enthusiastic about working in our Centre in both Treatment and Research
- Able to demonstrate sensitive and empathetic approach to patients
- Ability to assess behaviors of service users and escalate as needed.
- Sensitive to the needs of patients, donors and staff and meets all expected criteria for excellence around tact, diplomacy and common sense
- Able to work under direction and as part of a team
- Act as a positive role model to other team members
- Reliable, flexible, hard-working and meets all expected criteria for excellence
- Able to adapt to change
- Genuine interest in the area
- Able to perform full range of necessary manual handling for the post
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Previous experience of working with Fertility patients / donors
- Knowledge of The Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority
- Experience of using an electronic patient record / Patient Administration systems
- Good telephone / virtual consultation manner and appropriate general IT skills
- Can meet the needs of the rota
Birmingham Women's and Children's NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Birmingham Women's Fertility Centre
Birmingham Women's Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.