We are looking for a 0.5 WTE Band 8a/8b Clinical Psychologist to provide a 12 month fixed term post to both the Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus Clinic and the Memory Clinic based at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital.
We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic individual with experience of neuropsychological assessment of neurological conditions, and working within an MDT. Previous memory clinic experience or working with adults with spina bifida/hydrocephalus would be desirable but is not essential for the role. The post would particularly suit someone who enjoys working with varied client groups, teamwork, providing consultation and teaching to other health professionals, and contributing to service development.
We are able to offer specialist supervision and support to psychologists who would like to pursue training for entry on the Specialist Register of Clinical Neuropsychology.
We are currently looking to expand the psychology provision to stroke and neurological patients at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital and we are hopeful that we will be able to recruit to a permanent position after 12 months.Main duties of the job
The role involves providing highly specialist neuropsychological assessments of adults with pre-existing conditions such as spina bifida and/or hydrocephalus, and those presenting with early memory problems, where there is the suspicion of a neurodegenerative condition.
There are opportunities to be involved in providing consultation, training, teaching and support to those working within the service and wider. You will work closely with the multi-disciplinary team and with other professionals across services to help ensure those accessing the service have their needs met.About us
West London NHS Trust is one of the most diverse healthcare providers in the UK, delivering a range of mental health and physical healthcare and community services. The Trust runs Broadmoor Hospital, one of three high secure hospitals in the country, with an international reputation.
Our high secure services care for patients from South of England and we provide low and medium secure services across eight London boroughs. The Trust also provides mental and physical healthcare in three London boroughs (Ealing, Hounslow and Hammersmith & Fulham). We employ 4,500 staff, of whom 56% are BME. Our turnover for 2023-24 is �426m.
The Trust is rated as 'Good' overallby the Care Quality Commission. Forensic services are rated as 'Outstanding'.
The Trust is an established partner and contributor in the development of the evolving North West London Integrated Care System and the Integrated Care Board. The Trust leads the NW London Children and Adolescent Mental Health provider collaborative.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The Candidate Pack provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role, and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required. Please view as attached
The person specification below is not the full person specification, but outlines the criteria against which your application form will be assessed.Person SpecificationKnowledge & SkillsEssential
- Doctoral level knowledge of clinical psychology including highly developed knowledge of lifespan developmental psychology, models of psychopathology, clinical psychometrics and neuropsychology.
- Skills in the use of complex methods of psychological assessment intervention and management frequently requiring sustained and intense concentration.
- Well developed skills in the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, complex, highly technical and/or clinically sensitive information to patients, their families, carers and other professional colleagues both within and outside the NHS.
- Skills in providing consultation to other professional and non-professional groups.
- Knowledge of recent government policy and legislation relevant to neuropsychological rehabilitation (e.g. NSF for Long Term Conditions, NICE Guidelines for Stroke)
- Highly specialist knowledge of the theory and practice of specialised psychological therapies for patients with neurological problems and neuropsychological rehabilitation
- Doctoral level knowledge of research methodology, research design and complex, multivariate data analysis as practiced within the clinical fields of psychology
TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONEssential
- High-level knowledge of the theory and practice of at least two specialised psychological therapies.
- Post-graduate, doctoral level training in clinical psychology, or its equivalent, leading to eligibility for Chartered Status by the British Psychological Society
- Current registration as a Clinical Psychologist with the Health Care and Professions Council
- Post-doctoral training in Clinical Neuropsychology
- Formal training in supervision of psychologists and/ or other health professionals.
- Experience of working with a wide variety of patient groups, across the whole life course presenting problems that reflect the full range of clinical severity including maintaining a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and distressing problems, verbal abuse and the threat of physical abuse.
- Demonstrate further specialist training/experience through having received a minimum of 50 hours clinical supervision of working as a specialist clinical psychologist over a minimum of 18 months.
- Experience of the application of clinical psychology assessment, intervention and outcome measures with patients with neurological conditions.
- Experience of working at a specialist/highly specialist clinical psychologist level in neurological rehabilitation setting
- Experience of working within and actively participating in a team environment and contributing a psychological perspective within the context of multi-disciplinary care.
- Experience of teaching, training and supervision of health care professionals and/or assistant/trainee psychologists
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of taking a leadership role in service development
West London NHS TrustAddress
C& W Neuro Rehabilitation
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.