The post holder is responsible for assisting the Head of Imaging in providing the operational management and coordination of the Imaging service, Chelsea & Westminster Hospital. They will work closely with the Leads of Clinical Support Services and West Middlesex University Hospital site.
The post holder will partake in effective management and deployment of staff and will assist with all aspects of the day to day management of the Imaging Department.
The post holder will be responsible for the coordination of the Quality Standards for Imaging accreditation, coordinating online and onsite inspections and submitting subsequent requests for information and evidence as required.
Operationally they will be responsible for coordinating continual improvement of Patient Experience and Quality of Care improvement projects including paperless workflow, coordinated department wide surveys, review of appointment letters and information and pathways.
They will be responsible for the Implementation and monitoring of an effective Quality Assurance database of all Imaging equipment.Main duties of the job
About usAbout the Trust
- To demonstrate strong leadership skills and to perform management duties to a high standard.
- To assist other superintendent radiographers and other leads in organising, developing and maintaining in service training of more junior staff and students.
- To help ensure the effective deployment of staff and resources, including staff rostering and annual leave arrangements.
- Assist the Head of Imaging to ensure competencies of all staff working within the area are maintained and reviewed annually by the modality superintendents and other modality leads.
- To assist with ensuring the departmental continuity plans are updated applied where necessary.
- To work with the Head of Imaging and General Manager to identify and implement improvements within the department keeping the needs of the patient central as per department / Trust philosophy.
- To provide input into the overall staffing strategy for the department having input into recruitment and retention issues.
- To assist the Head of Imaging in ensuring that all national programmes involved in improving patient care and the patient environment are implemented.
- Ensure that patient environments are fit for purpose and compliant with national and Trust policies for information governance.
- To ensure that all areas of the department remain patient focused.
- To ensure continual service review focusing on maintaining the highest standard of patient care and service efficiency.
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust provide services from two main hospitals, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital and West Middlesex University Hospital, and a number of clinics across London and the South-East.
We have nearly 7,000 members of staff that are PROUD to Care
for nearly one million people.Both hospitals provide full clinical services, including full maternity, emergency and children's, in addition to a range of community-based services across London, such as award-winning sexual health and HIV clinics.
We're one of the best performing Trusts in the country. We're also one of the top trusts to work for -our staff says they're engaged, motivated, and would recommend us as a place to work and receive treatment.Our Trust has been rated by the Care Quality Commission as 'Good' in all five of the main domains of safe,effective, caring, responsive and well-led, giving an us overall rating of 'Good'. We've also been awarded an'Outstanding' rating for 'use of resources' by an NHS Improvement inspection.
Our facilities are some of the best in the country. We have been investing significant Capital year on year in our estate.We have recently completed a �30m expansion of our adult and neonatal critical care facilities at Chelsea and Westminster and are planning an ambitious �60m development of an Ambulatory Diagnostics Centre at West Middlesex.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Person SpecificationEssenatial & DesirableEssential
- To ensure the department remains Clinical Governance compliant and contribute to audit and research.
- To assist in the preparation of business plans, maintenance agreements and new service developments as required.
- To ensure the delivery and monitoring of an efficient and effective service and to recommend any change necessary to achieve appropriate service performance.
- To implement recommendations from audit, quality improvement and investigations and to participate in clinical audit as required.
- To ensure that all IR(ME)R guidelines and agreed Local Rules are adhered to and updated as required and to ensure that staff have read these and records of this are maintained.
- To ensure that a quality assurance (QA) program is in operation.
- To manage risks associated with adverse incidents, including DATIX reviews and investigations
- To work with departmental staff, equipment suppliers and the radiation physics team to ensure that all x-ray equipment is safe and meets all required standards.
- Putting patients first
- Unfailingly kind, treating everyone with respect, compassion and dignity
- Responsive to, and supportive of, patients and staff
- BSc (Hons) Radiography, DC( R ) or accepted international equivalent
- HCPC registration
- Significant period of broad general radiographic experience, at senior (minimum band 7) capacity
- Ability to manage a team
- Previous experience of management of staff and service
- Ability to make decisions
- Good communication and interpersonal skills may need to communicate sensitive or complex information to all types of patientnal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and flexibly as part of a team
- Represent the department on behalf of the Head of Clinical Imaging as required
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Previous experience at Superintendent Radiographer level
- Exposure to budgetary control
- Experience in, or exposure to all imaging techniques
- Leadership Skills
- Willingness to participate in wider departmental service
- Proven ability to deputise for Head of Clinical Imaging
- Previous experience of communicating in difficult circumstances
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
369 Fulham Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.