Are you a community paediatrician looking to join a dynamic and evolving community paediatric service? We invite you to apply for our Specialist post in community paediatrics. This post would be to support neuro developmental diagnostic assessment for children and young people.
Full Registration with the GMC is essential.Main duties of the job
This post has the opportunity to develop expertise and interest in the care of Looked After Children with the national award winning East Sussex LAC team. Candidates with an interest in Medical Education may take the opportunity to develop an honorary lectureship with Brighton and Sussex Medical School. Experience with Looked After Children and Autism assessment is desirable.
Our new post has been created following work with our commissioners to expand and develop the department in an innovative and exciting way.
The demand for developmental Paediatrics is increasing and there has been agreement to invest extra resource to meet the growing demand for the service.
There is a well-established programme of CPD and peer review and regional networks. ESHT is commissioned to provide Community Paediatrics and Child Health for East Sussex. ESHT has two acute sites in which the Community Paediatric Department is currently based Eastbourne District General Hospital and Conquest Hospital, Hastings.
This post-holder would be mainly based in the new Child Development Centre in Bexhill. Cross site working is generally encouraged dependent on special interest and service needs. The Trust has teaching status and is linked with the University of Brighton. Experience and familiarity with UK hospital systems and practices or equivalent is essential.
There is flexibility to discuss with applicants where the appointee would be based if travel distances are a consideration.About usWe are proud to provide 'Outstanding' care and be a great place to work
We provide safe, compassionate and high quality care to half a million people living or visiting East Sussex. We are one of the largest organisations in East Sussex, the only integrated provider of acute and community care in Sussex. Our extensive services are provided by 7000 + members of staff working from acute hospitals in Hastings and Eastbourne, three community hospitals in Bexhill, Rye and Uckfield, over 100 community sites and in people's own homes.
In 2020 the Care Quality Commission rated us as 'Good' overall, and 'Outstanding' for being caring and effective. The Conquest Hospital and our Community Services are rated 'Outstanding'. Eastbourne DGH rated 'Good'.
In 2020, the Trust launched its ambitious 'Building for our Future' programme. This once in a lifetime programme aims to repair, redevelop and expand our hospitals, transforming the environment in which we provide care for generations to come.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the job description attached.
If you have any questions about this position please do not hesitate to contact us.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Recognised medical qualification
- Higher Diploma (Fellowship or Membership) of specialty college.
- Other higher degree or diploma
Training and ExperienceEssential
- Full registration with GMC
- Has Paediatric experience including 2 years of Community Paediatrics or Neuro-disability in the UK.
- Experience relevant to the specified neurodevelopmental and LAC work,
- Level 3 Safeguarding training to have been completed
- Training in ASD tool eg ADI, ADOS
- Able to work in multidisciplinary manner
- Knowledge of the principles of Clinical Governance and Appraisal
- Understanding of management skills and budgetary awareness
- Management course and/or qualification
Research and publicationsDesirable
- Demonstration of completed audit projects
- Evidence of clinical research culminating in publications
- Experience of undergraduate and post graduate teaching
- Effective communicator, team player
- Self motivated to be able to develop their specialty
- Ability to adapt to changing roles and clinical practice.
- Familiarity with information technology
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Flexible, able to cover colleagues
- Able to meet the travel requirements of the post
- Professional attitude towards work
East Sussex Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.