We are seeking to appoint 2 full-time Advanced Clinical Practitioners with experience in the field of frailty . We would also welcome applications from those clinicians who are due to complete their MSc in advanced clinical practice in the next few months
The roles will support the growth of the frailty service and the roll out of the new Frailty Virtual Ward
Current hours of working are 9am till 5pm (Monday to Friday), based at Moor Park Health and Leisure Centre, Blackpool or South Shore Primary Care Centre, Blackpool
We have a multidisciplinary approach to providing care to our frail patients which includes a Medical Consultant, Frailty GP's, Nurse Consultants, ACP's, Trainee ACP's, Community Frailty Nurses, Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians , Assistant Practitioners and HCA's in the community. The service is also supported by an experience administration team
We see our frailty provision as spanning the whole pathway to include primary, community and hospital services and our objective is to provide a joined up approach.Main duties of the job
Your role will be:
-to assess patients with undifferentiated and undiagnosed problems, making an assessment of their health care needs, based on highly-developed nursing knowledge and skills, including skills not usually exercised by nurses, such as physical examination.
-Screen patients for disease factors and early signs of illness.
-Make differential diagnoses using decision-making and problem solving skills.
-Develop with the patient an on-going care plan for health and well-being, with an emphasis on health education and preventative measures,
-Order necessary investigations and provide treatment and care both individually, as part of a team, and through referral to other agencies.
-Have a supportive role in helping people to manage and live with illness.
-Have the authority to admit or discharge patients from their caseload, and refer patients to other health care providers as appropriate.About us
The Community Frailty service prides itself on offering all team members the opportunity to continue to learn and develop within their role, whilst working in a supportive, inclusive MDT team.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
As part of the team you will undertake CGA Initial Assessments in the community environment. You will review patients and develop management plans for them which will include the prescribing of medications as necessary utilising your non-medical prescriber skills.
You will also work across the frailty pathway supporting the identification and management of patients both in the hospital and community setting.
You will also need to act as a senior leader supporting other team members using your clinical knowledge and expertise to ensure that we provide high quality person centred care to patients both in the hospital and community setting. ASSESSMENT AND MANAGEMENT OF PATIENT HEALTH/ILLNESS STATUS
- Analyses and interprets history, presenting symptoms, physical findings and diagnostic information to develop the appropriate differential diagnoses.
- Diagnoses and manages acute and long term conditions while attending to the patients response to the illness experience.
- Employs appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic interventions and regimens withattention to safety, cost, invasiveness, simplicity, acceptability, adherence, and efficacy.
- Formulates an action-plan based on scientific rationale, evidence-based standards ofcare, and practice guidelines.
- Initiates appropriate and timely consultation and/or referral when the problem exceedsthe nurses scope of practice and/or expertise.
- Assesses and intervenes to assist the patient in complex, urgent or emergencysituations.
- Diagnoses unstable and complex health care problems using collaboration andconsultation with the multi-professional health care team as indicated by setting,specialty, and individual knowledge and experience.
- Plans and implements diagnostic strategies and therapeutic interventions to helppatients with unstable and complex health care problems regain stability and restorehealth, in collaboration with the patient and multi-professional health care team.
- Demonstrates critical thinking and diagnostic reasoning skills in clinical decision-making.
- Obtains a comprehensive problem focused health history from the patient or carer.
- Performs a comprehensive problem focused age appropriate physical examination.
- Analyses the data collected to determine health status of the patient.
- Formulates a problem list and prioritised management plan.
- Assesses, diagnoses, monitors, co-ordinates, and manages the health/illness status ofpatients during acute and enduring episodes.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the patho-physiology of conditions commonly seen inpractice.
- Communicates the patients health status using appropriate terminology, format, andtechnology.
- Provides information and advice to patients and carers concerning drug regimens, side effects and interaction, in an appropriate form.
- Clinical based Post-graduate Degree
- Five years post registration experience of which 3 years' experience are within speciality at a senior level (at least Band 6 or above
- MSc in Advanced Clinical Practice
- Management/Leadership Qualification or attendance at equivalent Leadership Study Days (Masters qualification or equivalent)
- Non-Medical Prescriber (V300)
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development
- Current registration with the NMC or HCPC
- Post basic qualification in speciality
- Evidence of extensive expert professional/clinical knowledge managing unwell patients in the community, primary or acute setting
- Specialist clinical training and CPD in relation to patient history taking, clinical examination and developing management plans for patients
- Knowledge and experience of chronic disease management and long term conditions.
- Effective communicator able to communicate complex and highly sensitive information
- Evidence of effective people management and leadership skills
- Evidence of managing staff and multidisciplinary teams
- Evidence of relevant involvement in meeting the Trust clinical governance objectives
- Be able to demonstrate the skill to integrate teams from a variety of backgrounds to integrate the social and health agenda
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Evidence of working at a senior position within an appropriate health care field
- Can demonstrate assertiveness, tact and diplomacy appropriately
- Evidence of involvement in policy and practice change
- Evidence of proactive involvement in the mentorship and development of nurses and nursing practice
- Computer Literacy
- Prioritise against tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Work on own initiative
- Work as part of the multi-disciplinary team
- Prioritise and demonstrate effective time management and organisational skills
- Influence & motivate others
- Use own initiative
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Motivational skills
- Negotiation /Problem solving
- Decision Making
- Conflict and problem solving
- Flexible and mature approach to working
- Ability to persuade and influence at all levels
- Ensures that own actions support equality, diversity, rights and maintain quality
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals
Moor Park Health & Leisure Centre or South Shore Primary Care Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.