An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Resuscitation Team at AWP.We are looking for a credible, dynamic and motivated individual with a passion for resuscitation practice and education to fulfil a permanent, full-time post.Working as part of a small team based within the Nursing and Quality Directorate, you will be responsible for developing and delivering a wide range of clinically focused adult and paediatric resuscitation and deteriorating patient training programmes to all levels of staff. We are looking for registered healthcare professional with the NMC, HCPC or similar who is motivated and is able to work flexibly, either alone or as part of a team.
The successful post-holder with have the opportunity to work a compressed working week to facilitate an agreed non-working day. This will allow for continued clinical exposure within their specialist field if this is required or desired. Outside of pre-planned training commitments and core service provision requirements, the opportunity to work flexible hours and to work from home on occasions will also be available. Opportunities to be released to undertake CPD events related to their role (ILS/ALS/EPALS) will be encouraged provided this does not affect the core service provision and following agreement with the post-holders line manager. The possibility to fulfil the role on a secondment basis will be considered on request and this can be discussed prior to applying or during the interview.Main duties of the job
In conjunction with Learning and Development, support the effective provision of the mandatory and statutory delivery of trust-wide resuscitation training.
The role will include
- Supporting the development and delivery of resuscitation training including an ILS (Immediate Life Support) equivalent course and Basic Life Support courses at our training venues across North Somerset, Bristol, Devizes and Salisbury.
- Delivery of a deteriorating patient/ cardiac arrest simulation programme.
- Supporting the development and maintenance of resuscitation and deteriorating patient related eLearning packages.
- Remaining current and up to date with national best practice guidelines in relation to resuscitation and the deteriorating patient.
- Assisting with the resuscitation service provision across the trust, including a lead role in the provision of resuscitation and emergency equipment utilised across the Trust.
- Supporting local and trust-wide audit programmes including NEWS2, ReSPECT and various resuscitation related audits.
The key skills we would be looking for are someone who considers themselves to
- Be highly organised.
- Have a flexible approach to work.
- Have professional curiosity to support and develop services with their colleagues.
- Possess excellent physical health skills and knowledge.
- Be a good communicator, who works well as part of a team.
For full details of requirements, please see the job description and person specification.About us
We are AWP (Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust): a diverse organisation with over 5,000 dedicated staff providing inpatient and community-based mental health care.
We provide services from a range of locations to approximately 1.8 million people living in Bath and North East Somerset (B& NES), Bristol, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Swindon, across the county of Wiltshire and in parts of Dorset.
Our outstanding people promote mental health and wellbeing. The expertise and resources within AWP are dedicated to a person-centred approach for those who use our services and for all employees. We recognise that happy and fulfilled employees give better care.
At AWP we actively encourage applicants from all backgrounds we are particularly keen to encourage applications from people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds, those with disabilities and from the LGBTQ+ community. We want people to bring their unique blend of experiences, backgrounds, perspectives and knowledge to AWP, as diversity makes us stronger.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
AWP trust covers a wide geographical area, and the role will include cross site working. There is an opportunity to work from home on occasions and the ability to hot desk in all areas.
The post requires you to be a car driver and have access to a vehicle. Pool cars are available for occasional use and with prior booking.
If this sounds like an opportunity you would like to explore, we would love to hear from you.
Please refer to Job Description for overview of the full job description and main responsibilities for this post.Person SpecificationEssential and DesirableEssential
- Registered Healthcare Professional (nurse, paramedic or ODP)
- RC (UK) ALS provider
- Recognised Teaching and Assessing Qualification
- Full UK driving licence
Employer detailsEmployer name
- RC (UK) ILS instructor
- RC (UK) ALS instructor
- Experience of teaching and assessing
- Experience working in an acute/ emergency healthcare setting
Avon & Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS TrustAddress
Callington Road Hospital, Bristol
Marmalade Lane, Brislington
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.