To be responsible and accountable for the assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of patient care within the theatre directorate.
To contribute to the smooth running of the department in terms of taking charge of a theatre on a regular basis and the department in the absence of the team leader.
To act in accordance with the NMC / HCPC Professional Code of Conduct.Main duties of the job
A vacancy has become available, for a highly motivated Registered Nurse / Operating Department Practitioner to join our anaesthetic team and work within our dynamic Day Surgery Unit at Nevill Hall Hospital. Theatres at Nevill Hall Hospital are very busy, specialities include Orthopaedics, General Surgery, Gynaecology and Ophthalmology. We are a supportive, friendly department which is strongly centred on team work and patient care.
Ideally, the candidate will have experience of working within the operating theatre however, full support and training will be given to any candidate who is motivated to join our team. A full orientation programme will be provided to the successful candidate. Candidates are expected to demonstrate commitment to their personal development and show a keen interest in the progression of theatre services and perioperative care.
The Day Surgery Unit at Nevill Hall Hospital provide support to our other Health Board Sites when required, therefore the successful candidate is required to be flexible to the service.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, be reliable, hardworking and work well within a team. The applicant must be a Registered Nurse / Operating Department Practitioner.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
Aneurin Bevan University Health Board is a multi-award winning NHS organisation with a passion for caring. The Health Board provides an exceptional workplace where you can feel trusted and valued. Whatever your specialty or stage in your career, we have opportunities for everyone to start, grow and build your career. The health board provides integrated acute, primary and community care serving a population of 650,000 and employing over 16,000 staff.
We offer a fantastic benefits package and extensive training and development opportunities with paid mandatory training, excellent in-house programmes, opportunities to complete recognised qualifications and professional career pathways including a range of management development programmes. We offer flexible working and promote a healthy work life balance, provide occupational health support and an ambitious plan for a Wellbeing Centre of Excellence to support you at work.
Our Clinical Futures strategy continues to enhance and promote care closer to home as well as high quality hospital care when needed. This includes the Grange University Hospital which provides specialist and critical care and is the newest addition to the clinical futures strategy opening in November 2020. Join us on our journey to pioneer new ways of working and deliver a world-class healthcare service fit for the future.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.Person SpecificationEducation / Qualifications / TrainingEssential
- Registered Nurse (RN) holding current registration with NMC OR Operating Department Practitioner registered with HCPC
- Degree level qualification
- Good liaison, negotiating, persuasive, motivational, empathic skills.
- Adaptable and flexible
- IT literacy
- Able to assess, plan, deliver and evaluate individualised and evidence -based care
- Appreciation of audit and research methodologies
- Able to demonstrate a problem solving approach
- Ability to travel within a geographical area to meet the requirements of the post
- Anaesthetic experience as a qualified or student practitioner
- Previous experience working in a theatre environment
- Knowledge of the role of the Anaesthetic and Theatre practitioner in a theatre environment
- Informed consent guidelines
- Surgical safety procedures and guidelines NATSSIPS/LOCSSIPS
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills. This will include providing and receiving complex, sensitive or contentious information.
- Resilience and desire to continuously improve service provision.
Aneurin Bevan University Health BoardAddress
Nevill Hall Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.