A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join our growing team of Advanced Care Practitioner's. We are expanding the team & have a number of positions. Our team is focussed on professional development & we are interested in hearing from Advanced Practitioners interested in paediatrics. We have vacancies at 8a & 8b grade, so wherever you are on your advanced practice journey we can support you to develop with a career pathway. So come & join us on the Sussex Coast & advance your career in paediatrics.
Working within the medical rota across acute paediatrics you will be responsible for the assessment, management & referral / discharge of children & young people who present with a wide variety of illness & be an instrumental part of the paediatric resus team. We are looking for enthusiastic & self-motivated practitioners, who are able to deliver high quality care, provide education & strong leadership to members of the multidisciplinary team.
Applicants will need to have successfully completed a recognised ACP programme. However, we would be keen to hear from applicants who are on a current programme or need some elements of training to consolidate their portfolio.
Both sites are supported by specialist teams for Diabetes, Epilepsy, Child Development, Bowel & Bladder, Safeguarding & Community Paediatric Service.
Relocation expenses may be available for the right candidates.Main duties of the job
You will work in a variety of settings within the paediatric speciality with a focus on developing and using advanced clinical skills. The paediatric MDT recognises ACPs as essential to the service and the future of Paediatric care. Your role will include assessment, implementation and evaluation of sick and critically ill patients on the short stay paediatric unit, emergency department, critical care and paediatric ward.
Paediatric Services at ESHT covers Eastbourne District General Hospital and Conquest hospital. Paediatric services support delivery of care within the ED department on both sites, Paediatric ward & Paediatric short stay assessment unit.About usWe are proud to provide 'Outstanding' care and be a great place to work
We provide safe, compassionate and high quality care to half a million people living or visiting East Sussex. We are one of the largest organisations in East Sussex, the only integrated provider of acute and community care in Sussex. Our extensive services are provided by 7000 + members of staff working from acute hospitals in Hastings and Eastbourne, three community hospitals in Bexhill, Rye and Uckfield, over 100 community sites and in people's own homes.
In 2020 the Care Quality Commission rated us as 'Good' overall, and 'Outstanding' for being caring and effective. The Conquest Hospital and our Community Services are rated 'Outstanding'. Eastbourne DGH rated 'Good'.
In 2020, the Trust launched its ambitious 'Building for our Future' programme. This once in a lifetime programme aims to repair, redevelop and expand our hospitals, transforming the environment in which we provide care for generations to come.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the job description attached.
If you have any questions about this position please do not hesitate to contact us.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- 1st Level Registered Children's nurse
- Recognised teaching qualification e.g. PP126/127
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner Post Graduate Degree Training
- Additional CPD to master's equivalent including: 1) Independent and Supplementary Non- Medical Prescribing Course, 2) Mandatory training as required by the Trust, 3) IR(ME)R training, 4) APLS provider, 5) Level 3 Safeguarding
- Masters level qualification
- Substantial post registration experience of 5 years or more
- Experience of emergency and acute paediatric care
- Thorough understanding of contemporary paediatric nursing issues, including the NSF for children and young people
- Knowledge of expanding roles needed within children's acute and ambulatory care settings.
- Evidence of practice development
- Knowledge of safeguarding children agenda and fully conversant with What to do when you suspect a child is being abused
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Basic knowledge of financial management
- Evidence of innovation in practice
East Sussex Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Conquest Hospital/cross site working
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.