Within STW, the ICB, SaTH & SCHT are committed to integrating to provide improved seamless pathways of care for patients. This is an exciting time to join Shropshire Community Health NHS Trust as we work in partnership with The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust - our Acute Partners.
This is your opportunity to join us and be part of the next step in this journey with the introduction of our community sub-acute wards.
We are recruiting to a variety of roles working as part of an innovative MDT. You will be working for Shropshire Community Health NHS Trust with your base at either the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital or The Princess Royal Hospital.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a difference to the care of patients enabling them to step down to their normal place of residence faster
As a registered Occupational Therapist you will be experienced in working in a multi disciplinary / multi-agency health / social care environment with knowledge of IT basic administration systems including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel etc).
You will be patient focussed and have the ability to carry out comprehensive assessments and be able to prioritise and make sound decisions, sometimes under pressure.Main duties of the job
- To provide holistic and person-centred care and support community patients in a subacute setting.
- Responsible for the assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of individualised patient care, working in partnership with patients, their carers and the multi-disciplinary team to ensure the patient's physical, spiritual and emotional needs are met.
Shropshire Community Health NHS Trust provides community-based health services for adults and children in Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin, and some services in surrounding areas too. These range from district nursing, health visiting and running four community hospitals through to providing very specialist community care through talented and dedicated staff.
Patients, carers and the public play a vital role in helping us to develop and improve our services and we are constantly looking for ways to work with local communities, patients and the public to innovate and improve. Have a look at the Have Your Say section of our website to find out how you can feed back your experiences and help us to continually improve.
Shropshire Community Health NHS Trust is an exciting place to work. It offers a wide range of employment opportunities for many people.
Shropshire Community Health NHS Trust positively encourages applications from all areas of the community, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are committed to ensuring people who work for the community trust have a good working life - and a good work life/home life balance.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To work as a key member of the multidisciplinary team (MDT) that is responsive to the needs of the local population, working flexibly to respond to the changing needs of the patient.
- To provide a key role in facilitating the seamless transition from subacute community ward to patients own home and transferring the care of the patient to other appropriate services to maximise the patient's independence and quality of life.
- To complete Occupational Therapy assessments of patients with diverse presentations, with complex physical and psychological diagnoses, to inform treatment planning based around agreed and realistic goals.
- To use appropriate outcome measures in order to provide evidence of effectiveness of Occupational Therapy input.
Person SpecificationTraining and QualificationsEssential
- To provide appropriate and timely feedback to the wider MDT to inform holistic patient care
- Diploma/degree in Occupational Therapy
- Current registration with HCPC
- Evidence of core rotations
- Evidence of specialist post graduate training and education with older adults.
Knowledge & SkillsEssential
- Significant Post graduate experience in a variety of clinical settings with experience in a community setting.
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary / multi-agency teams.
- Experience of working in NHS or similar setting.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ongoing awareness of recent developments in practice and research including NSF's/NICE guidelines.
- Understanding of clinical governance and risk management and their implications for the service.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Effective communication within the team.
Shropshire Community Health NHS TrustAddress
PRH & RSH
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.