Band 5 Speech and Language Therapist (0.6 WTE) Fixed Term PostHammersmith & Fulham Special Schools team Are you looking to make a real difference to the lives of children and young people? Are you passionate about reducing inequalities and want to belong to a service with an active diversity and inclusion ethos?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Band 5 Speech and Language Therapist to join our Speech and Language Therapy Special Schools team to work in a secondary school with CYP ages 11 - 16 years in the borough of Hammersmith & Fulham. The post holder will join the SLT team based at Woodlane High School. The post includes the opportunity to work with a neurodiverse caseload with a variety of profiles including supporting young people who are working towards GCSE's and also those accessing a functional/life skills nurture provision. The post provides the opportunity to implement a wide range of therapeutic approaches in collaboration with education partners.
Supporting implementation of the whole systems approach to deliver on speech language and communication plans as identified in EHCPs. We work collaboratively with education colleagues and families to ensure that pupils' language and communication support is integrated throughout their day. Through joint planning and delivery of interventions in the classroom and through support to families you will ensure that SLT input has a functional impact for the pupils you support.Main duties of the job
We welcome applications from existing Band 5s who are looking for a change in role, as well as from NQPs. Join the CLCH SLT Education Team if you want to:
- Receive specific support for NQPs, including increased CPD/admin time and NQP peer support groups
- Have access to 1:1 and peer group supervision opportunities
- Be part of our supportive, friendly, and well-established special schools team
- Have access to a regular in-house training programme
- Help the school to embed good universal and targeted level practise within their setting
- Deliver specialist interventions to children and young people with Education, Health, and Care Plans
- Work jointly with the class teams and other professionals
- Help parents understand and support their child's speech, language and communication needs
For further information on working in our Team, please take a look at our recruitment video: CLCH S& L Recruitment - YouTube For further details please contact:
Bryony Schnadhorst, SLT Education Locality Lead for Special Schools on firstname.lastname@example.orgAbout us
Just as we care about our patients' wellbeing, we care about yours!
We can offer you:
- A comprehensive induction into the community service followed by a local induction to introduce you to the role
- Single occupancy accommodation in Central London - (we can help you find accommodation in London, support you with your deposit)
- Support with gaining your driving license *T& C's apply
- Car lease scheme *T& C's apply
- Flexible working options
- Annual travel card loan
- Training, support and development in your career
To have a full look at our benefits and what it's like working for us please go here: https://www.clch.nhs.uk/job/pay-and-benefitsJob descriptionJob responsibilities
- To manage and prioritise own caseload independently, generating appropriate strategies for caseload management.
- To assess the need for, develop, and implement Speech and Language Therapy treatment to children referred within locality, and provide advice to others regarding the management and care of children with communication and/or feeding and swallowing difficulties as required within the role.
- To assess childrens language and communication needs, and provide professional advice to contribute to statutory assessments (Education Health and Care Plan Needs Assessments) and the annual review process for individual children in line with the Children and Families Act 2014.
- To deliver Speech and Language Therapy provision to children as specified in Education Health and Care Plans in line with the Children and Families Act 2014.
- To analyse auditory, visual and kinaesthetic aspects of childrens communication, and to identify appropriate strategies to facilitate and enhance communicative effectiveness in relevant setting.
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full roles and responsibilities.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Degree or equivalent and Licence to Practice - Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists
- Current registered membership of HCPC and RCSLT
Central London Community Health TrustAddress
Woodlane High School
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.