The Cardiac Investigations unit at Hampshire Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is seeking a Senior Cardiac Physiologist/Cardiac Clinical Scientist specialised in Cardiac Rhythm Management and/or Cardiac Cath Lab.
These roles are required to help support the expansion of our service - we have recently opened the Hampshire Hospitals Heart Centre, which is a newly built cath lab unit with two cardiac catheter labs and a 10 bed day case unit. We have also started an Electrophysiology and Ablation service.
We are a dynamic and enthusiastic team of staff working across Basingstoke and Winchester hospitals, in a rapidly expanding investigations department which has a strong education and training programme.
Competence within the Cardiac Cath Lab for coronary intervention procedures is a requirement as the candidate will be expected to participate in the 24 hour PPCI service (on-call room available).
We are willing to support candidates wishing to specialise in complex devices the opportunity to sit BHRS accreditation.
A 20% R& R bonus is available for the successful candidates.Main duties of the job
- Undertake a range of advanced physiological tests on adult patients to aid in clinical diagnosis, and provide an accurate report on these findings within a timely manner.
- Maintain the clinical knowledge and expertise to escalate significant findings, and where appropriate advise clinicians based on these.
- Be responsible and accountable for the day-to-day provision of high quality care within the department.
- Participate in the on-call 24 hour primary PCI rota.
- Assist in delivering assessments, training and clinical supervision in all areas of cardiac physiology to members of physiology staff and students.
- Support the education of cardiac content to trainees from various non-physiology disciplines.
- Lead clinical audit to improve the services delivered by the department.
- Facilitate and attend weekly MDTs for your specialism.
- Engage in internal and external education to reinforce and further develop clinical knowledge.
- Contribute towards quality improvement initiatives across the department, including implementing and maintaining trust policies, and embracing new technologies.
Our vision is to provide outstanding care for every patient. Patient care is at the heart of what we do at our three sites: Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital, Royal Hampshire County Hospital in Winchester and Andover War Memorial Hospital. Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust provides medical and surgical services to a population of approximately 600,000 people across Hampshire and parts of West Berkshire.
Our cultural ambition is to have a culture that places people at the heart of all we do, where we all belong, and where learning, improvement and excellence thrive.
We provide specialist services to people across the UK and internationally. We are one of only two centres in the UK treating pseudomyxoma peritonei (a rare form of abdominal cancer) and we are leaders in the field of tertiary liver cancer and colorectal cancer.
The trust employs more than 9,000 staff and has a turnover of over �500 million a year. As a Foundation Trust, we are directly accountable to our members through the governors. The Council of Governors represent the interests of their constituencies and influence the future plans of the Foundation Trust.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Further information about the Trust and this role can be found on the Job Description attached.
We are happy to arrange an informal visit for candidates who are shortlisted for interview.Person SpecificationEducationEssential
- BSc Clinical Physiology or equivalent
- Basic Life Support
- Immediate Life Support
- Relevant Pacing Courses
- RCCP/HCPC registration
- Minimum 1 year clinical cardiac physiology experience
- Previous physiology experience in cath lab for angiography and pacing
- Previous experience in pacing follow up
- Previous experience with remote follow up
- Previous experience on PPCI rota
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstrate a good command of the English Language both written and verbal
- Computer literate
- Team player
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.