BREATHING LIFE INTO OUR COMMUNITIES
We are delighted to be able to offer an opportunity for a dietitian with appropriate skills and experience to join our multi-disciplinary community respiratory team in Cornwall.
The successful applicant must be able to provide specialist assessment of respiratory patients including those with highly complex presentations and from this formulate a diagnosis and treatment plan.
The successful candidate will work with the rest of the respiratory team to
- enable patients to return to or remain in their chosen/own environment
- facilitate early discharge from hospital
- support primary care through community based MDT and advice, guidance to prevent secondary care admissions (incl. frequent attender reviews)
- support the development and delivery of education, training for staff, voluntary sector and people across the Cornwall health and social care system
- deliver evidence based Pulmonary rehabilitation in Cornwall to meet National Standards.
Experience of working in respiratory care in both the acute and community settings is desirable for this position as is an up to date knowledge of the different models of Pulmonary Rehabilitation. Knowledge and experience regarding patients with covid-19 would be advantageous.
You will be supported by the Clinical Lead/Team Manager for the new Respiratory service as well as the established Dietitians working across Cornwall. This is a Band 6 permanent contract up to 37.5 hours per week .Main duties of the job
To provide specialist dietetic assessment and treatment for patients with or at risk of malnutrition, obesity or other nutritional issue presenting to the CFT Respiratory Service. To contribute to Pulmonary Rehabilitation groups in Cornwall and, working alongside the multidisciplinary team, provide supervision and education to junior staff and colleagues across the county who participate in the delivery of pulmonary rehabilitation. Undertake research and service development as necessaryAbout us
We're an NHS community and mental health provider Trust based in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. We deliver community and hospital-based care to improve people's physical and mental health. We also provide specialist support to people with dementia or a learning disability.
We are a people organisation and people matter to us. As part of the team, you'll help support the health and wellbeing of the people who live and visit this beautiful part of the UK.
Over 4,000 people make up the Trust. This includes doctors, nurses, therapists, plus admin and support staff.
We work in people's homes, in community clinics and bases. Some staff work from one of our 13 community hospitals. Our aspiration is to have great people, provide great care, be a great place to work and a great partner.
Approximately 568,000 people live here. A third of people who live in Cornwall are supported by acute hospital services in Devon. As a result, we also work closely with our partners in Devon. In the summer, and during other holidays lots of people choose to visit the area. This increases the numbers of people who use our services.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To view a detailed job description and person specification including the main responsibilities of this role please see supporting documents.Person SpecificationEducationEssential
Skills and AptitudeEssential
- Current professional Registration - HCPC, CSP
- Evidence of further formal study e.g.Post Graduate course / Continuing Professional Development (CPD) in Pulmonary Rehabilitation and/or transferable clinical area, relevant courses eg related to malnutrition and / or obesity
- Diploma/Degree in Dietetics
- Evidence of broad range of experience in dietetics
- Evidence of supervision and development of students, junior staff and/assistants
Knowledge and AbilitiesEssential
- Highly developed skills in clinical assessment, intervention and evaluation
- Extensive experience of working within a multidisciplinary team
- An ability to work individually and as part of the wider MDT and communicate appropriately with all grades of staff, patients and their families
- Experience of presenting to mixed audiences e.g. Patient groups, nursing staff, other AHP's and GP's
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to manage own workloads and have the ability to manage, organise and supervise the workload of others when required
Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
To be confirmed
To be confirmed
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.