Our bank is growing, and we want to welcome you to our nursing team! If you are a dedicated, caring and compassionate nurse, we want you to join #TeamDCH Our Nurse Bank is the perfect opportunity anyone looking for flexibility in hours, but with all the benefits of being an DCHFT employee!Main duties of the job
Here at Dorset County Hospital we are proud to say we support our staff as much as they support our patients. Our nursing teams are truly dynamic and proactive, consistently improving and developing. Embodying our Trust values of integrity, respect teamwork and excellence, our teams are always working to improve our patient journey - and you could be part of this! Redesigning pathways with our partners, working to build and grow our integrated care systems is all part of ensuring our patients get the best care - and that is the DCH way.
- A chance to join a nursing team that works in a truly dynamic way.
- An excellent team environment, not only on the ward but across the Trust.
- Access to extensive developmental training, including leadership and clinical skills.
- A variety of Trust specific discounts as well as NHS wide benefits.
- A chance to live and work in one of the most beautiful areas of England with rolling countryside, excellent links to London, wonderful schools, social activities, beaches and more.
So, does our wonderful Trust sound like the place for you? Brilliant!Email our Temporary Staffing Manager on Robert.firstname.lastname@example.org more informationAbout usOutstanding Hospital
- We are the largest and most diverse employer in West Dorsetwith over 3,000 staff
- We provide an acute hospital service to a population of over250,000, with 400 beds, seven main theatres and two daytheatres
- We have been named one of the CHKS Top Hospitals,an accolade awarded to the top 40 performing trusts
- We compare favourably against other trusts inthe national NHS staff survey, in terms of stafffeeling recognised and valued, as well as for equalopportunities in progression and promotion
West Dorset with its outstanding scenery and rugged coastline ischaracterised by a number of small towns, each with a distinct identity.
The coastline is protected by World Heritage as a site of outstandingnatural beauty. The majority of people live in the south of the area inand around Weymouth, Portland and Dorchester and the remainder ofthe population live in the centres of Lyme Regis, Bridport, Sherborne,Blandford, Sturminster Newton and Shaftesbury.
Dorchester is the traditional county town of West Dorset, made famousby the novels of Thomas Hardy. It's an intriguing mix of historic and themodern, with the new Brewery Square development offering a vibrant andsophisticated leisure and shopping complex. The local schools are amongstthe best in the country with a mix of public and private education.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesService Leadership
Responsibility for Policy and Service Developments
- Access, plan, implement and evaluate individual patient care.
- Communicate effectively with patients, visitor, and the multidisciplinary team.
- Co-ordinate patient centered care from admission to discharge
- Maintain accurate patient records
- Act as patients advocate
- Promote the health and empowerment of patients
- To ensure that the patients changing needs are identified andchanges initiated or communicated to others
Responsibility for Financial and Physical Resources
- Follow trust policies and procedures i.e. Risk reporting
- Contribute to the development of the ward/department by attending ward/department meeting and supporting theimplementation of change.
- To act as a resource link nurse for the ward.
- Develop oneself and contribute to the development of others.
Responsibility for Staff
- May be required to handle patients valuables and cash
- Ensure stock levels are maintained
- Manage resources within allocated budget take appropriate action when this is challenged as consequence of activity or staffing numbers.
Person SpecificationEducation & QualificationsEssential
- Participate in the education and supervision of the ward team,including students
- Act as Team or Shift leader
- To act as a mentor to student nurses and unqualified staff,following appropriate training
- To supervise the ward team in the absence of the ward sister orsenior nurse, to develop own managerial skills
- To accept the concept of clinical supervision
- Registered Nurse.
- Evidence of recent CPD.
Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Minimum of 1 year's post registration experience in any of the following areas: General Medicine & Surgery, Orthopaedics, Paediatrics, Elderly Care, A/E, Theatres, Critical Care, Gynaecology.
- Understanding of professional nursing issues.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of ability to practice as competent practitioner.
- Demonstrate an understanding of confidentiality.
- Evidence of ability to maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, patients and visitors.
- Evidence of an ability to manage time effectively.
- Understanding of clinical governance and its requirements especially risk management.
Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.