Cancer Clinical/Counselling Psychologist 8a Dudley - Physical Health Psychology BLACK COUNTRY HEALTHCARE NHS FOUNDATION TRUST BAND 8a (7 - 8A preceptorship applicants welcomed) 0.3 WTE 11.25 hours 'BCHFT are committed to investment in our Psychology staff so you will have access to a psychology specific dedicated CPD budget to support your professional growth'
We are pleased to offer this exciting opportunity to develop your career within our friendly and dynamic Physical Health Psychology Service. The Physical Health Psychology Service is a team of psychologists, psychotherapists, and counsellors who aim to assist people in adapting to and developing creative solutions for living with physical health problems. The Black Country Healthcare Physical Health Psychology Service currently operates across 3 geographical areas (Dudley, Wolverhampton and Sandwell and West Birmingham) with a number of contracts in each area. Due to service developments and staff promotions a number of vacancies are available and we would welcome conversations with those who would like to consider a single vacancy or combination of roles.Main duties of the job
We welcome applications from experienced clinicians as well as newly qualified (or soon to be qualified) psychologists. The successful applicant will be banded according to their experience and offered an individualised and structured programme of professional development within the role as part of a preceptorship if necessary. Experience of working in a physical health setting is desirable, but we are also keen to hear from applicants who have been working in other specialties, who feel they have transferable skills. The most important qualities are good communication skills, working co-operatively and thinking creatively.
The post holders will benefit from joining a supportive and enthusiastic team of practitioner psychologists and other psychological professionals who utilise a varied range of therapeutic approaches. There are opportunities to engage in CPD and supervision across a range of models, including EMDR, psychodynamic, attachment, humanistic and 3rd wave approaches. In each role you will be working alongside a Principal Psychologist and other applied psychologists and psychological professionals, with support from a Consultant Clinical Psychologist. A robust leadership and supervision structure is in place, alongside operational management.
Please see Job Description and Person Spec for full detailsAbout us
This role will offer the opportunity to provide assessment, formulation and psychological intervention with patients receiving their cancer care in Dudley, as well as clinical supervision and MDT support to the cancer service. There will be opportunities for close working relationships with the MDT. The cancer psychology team meet for regular case coordination and peer support, as well as to plan and carry out level 2 training and supervision that is offered to the cancer CNSs. The cancer psychology team is led by an experienced principal psychologist, who is available for regular clinical supervision and guidance.
The cancer psychology team is also part of a large team of Psychological Professionals working in physical health and in turn, this team is part of a much wider Trust wide network of Psychological Professionals. This brings opportunities in terms of professional support, access to supervision and professional development.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Provides highly specialist psychological assessment of clients with highly complex conditions based on the appropriate use, interpretation and integration of data from a variety of sources, which may include neuropsychological testing.
Responsible for recognising the potential for or signs of client harm, abuse or neglect, including poor clinical practice, reporting all such concerns and taking all reasonable steps to protect the client. Responsible for identifying and reporting concerns regarding the safeguarding of children who may be at risk.
Undertakes risk assessment and risk management for individual clients and provides specialist advice to other professionals on psychological aspects of risk assessment and risk management.
Formulates plans for highly specialist psychological therapy and/or management of clients mental health conditions based upon an appropriate conceptual framework and evidence-based practice. Negotiates the implementation of such plans with clients and/or their carers.
Please see Job Description and Person Spec for full detailsPerson SpecificationEducation/Qualifications 7Essential
- oPost-graduate doctoral level training in Applied Psychology (or its equivalent) as accredited by the BPS including models of psychopathology, clinical psychometrics and neuropsychology, two or more distinct psychological therapies and lifespan developmental psychology.
- oHCPC registration as an Applied Psychologist
- oEvidence of continuing professional development
- oWorking within a Physical Health Setting
- oMulti-disciplinary team working
- oEvidence- based practice relevant to the role
- oKnowledge of legislation in relation to the client group (define if required) and mental health.
- oWorking as a qualified applied psychologist within the designated service including a wide variety of client groups, across the whole life course and a range of clinical severity across a range of care settings.
- oExercising full clinical responsibility for clients' psychological care as a care coordinator within the context of a multidisciplinary team.
- oTeaching, training, consultancy and clinical supervision and field supervisor for doctoral theses.
- oResearch and development
Skills/ Personal Qualities 8aEssential
- oEvidence-based practice relevant to the role
- oRisk assessment and risk management
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oProvide effective teaching, training, consultancy and clinical supervision for the multidisciplinary team
- oWork effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team and undertake care co-ordination/lead practitioner responsibilities
Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Cross Street Health Centre
Cross Street, Dudley
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.