This is an exciting time to join the Ealing Frailty Team at Ealing Hospital. We are looking for an experienced Occupational Therapist to work as a Band 7 Frailty Practitioner who is confident in completing Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment, functional assessments, formulating and implementing D/C plans for elderly frail patients presenting to A& E/Clinical decisions unit/OPRAC clinic and newly formed 6 bedded Same Day Emergency care unit. The post holder will get regular supervision and mentoring from Frailty Team Lead 8a with clear focus on support , personal and professional development. The team comprises Clinical Lead Frailty Consultant, Frailty Registrar, 1X8a Frailty Practitioner and Team Lead ,3Xfrailty nurses,2xHCA,Frailty Pharmacist 8a.The post holder will be supported by all members of MDT and team working is an essential part of the day to day service.Main duties of the job
- JOB SUMMARY-To work as a clinically independent and autonomous practitioner , participate and manage a defined caseload as an Older People's Frailty Practitioner in ED/CDU/Same DayEmergency Care Frailty beds, OPRAC clinic.
- -Completing a Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment in line with British Geriatric Society standards.
- Carries out patient assessment ,implements and evaluates best course of action through the following activities: physical examination, health assessment and diagnosis, therapeutic consultation skills ,requesting, monitoring and analysing appropriatediagnostic and or therapeutic investigation/treatment, care and pharmacology.To provide expert clinical practitioner assessment and plan ,implement and evaluate comprehensive programs of care ,providing specialist advice and maintaining associated records. Utilizing Frailty Practitioner knowledge and skills for high levels of decision making , expert problem solving abilities and disease processes.- To work with multidisciplinary team and liase and refer on as necessary to appropriate health care professionals within primary and secondary care.- To act as a source of expertise and knowledge for Elderly patients ,their carers and their families within LNWH NHS Trust, within the remit of Frailty Practitioner role.About us
Covid-19 full vaccination is a condition of employment for this role, unless an exemption applies. The successful applicant may have contact with vulnerable service users and we will therefore seek proof of being fully vaccinated during the recruitment process.
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust (LNWUH) is one of the integrated NHS Trusts in the country. Our team of more than 8,000 clinical and support staff serve a diverse population of approximately one million people providing hospital services to the people of Brent, Harrow and beyond.
We are a university teaching NHS trust, in recognition of the important role we play in training clinicians of the future and bringing the benefits of research to the public.
To find out more about our Trust, why not view our video We are London North West University Healthcare.
LNWUH is a flexible working friendly organisation we want you to be able to work in a way that is best for us and for our patients, and for you. Please speak to us about how we might be able to accommodate a flexible working arrangement whether that's job share, part time or another flexible pattern. If it works for the service, we will do our best to make it work for you.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For any further information regarding the role and team structure, please refer to the detailed job description attached to this advert.Person SpecificationQualifications, ExperienceEssential
- Degree qualification or equivalent Occupational Therapy Qualification
- HCPC Registration as Occupational Therapist
- Experience of working at Band 6 level within the NHS
- OT experience of working with elderly Frail patients within the community setting.
- NHS experience within fast paced A& E environment or Acute Frailty Service.
- Experience in completing Comprehensive Geriatric Assessments.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of completing Frailty related courses or Leadership courses within the NHS.
London North West University Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.