We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and experienced Occupational Therapist to join our Community Neurological Conditions Management Team (CNCMT). The multidisciplinary team provides both community and outpatient neurological interventions to Barnet residents, with a range of neurological conditions.
The role involves the management of a small occupational therapy team, whilst working alongside peers to ensure the effective day to day management of the team. Support is provided from the clinical lead for the community team and the clinical lead occupational therapist.
In return for your experience, motivation and commitment, we offer flexible working and actively support CPD and involvement in local and trust wide service development projects. We are committed to CPD and developing our staff with regular in-service sessions, senior teaching and evidenced based reviews held at the NRC and as part of the Royal Free London Therapy Service.
This position presents an excellent opportunity to further develop your clinical, service development and leadership skills.Main duties of the job
We are looking for an enthusiastic occupational therapist with experience of working with people with neurological conditions. Applicants must demonstrate specialist knowledge, skills and application of current neurological assessment and evidence based interventions. Excellent communication skills, the ability to work well in a team, an interest in the training and supervision of staff and a positive and flexible approach is essential. Car driver is preferred for this community post.About us
The Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust is one of the UK's biggest and most innovative trusts. Across three main hospitals, our dedicated army of staff care for over 1.6million patients, treat more than 200,000 in A& E, deliver over 8,000 babies and carry out more than 17million tests.
Our size, scale and influence offer you unrivalled career opportunities and a forward-thinking approach to working that works around your lifestyle. From flexible hours and generous benefits, to next level training, we make it easier to take your career to the top.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached job description and person specification for more information on this role and working for the Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust.Person SpecificationEducation & professional QualificationsEssential
- Degree/graduate diploma in Occupational Therapy
- Health Professions Council (HPC) registration
- Certificated post graduate courses or equivalent in-house training in clinical specialty and management responsibilities taught by experts in their area.
- Member of the College of Occupational Therapy (COT) and British Association of Occupational Therapy (BAOT)
- Member of the COT Specialist Section in Neurological Practice (SSNP)
Skills and aptitudesEssential
- Substantial under & post-graduate general clinical experience
- Significant level of OT experience in relevant clinical area for example working with patients in community settings with physical disabilities, long term conditions, vocational rehabilitation or within neurosciences.
- Previous experience as an OT Specialist (Band 6).
- Evidence of CPD in the form of a professional portfolio detailing post-graduate structured, supervised in-service training received/attended
- Experience teaching/education of colleagues, multidisciplinary team and/or public/carers
- Team working and ability to work as part of a team
- Evidence of presentation of own research/project/service development work which informed departmental development
- Thorough understanding of setting & maintaining clinical standards
- Thorough understanding of clinical audit
- Supervision of more junior staff, assistants and/students
- Evidence of contribution to change within the workplace
- Understanding of role of OT within current evolving health environment
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to work autonomously and use initiative
- Able to present information, written and orally, in a clear and logical fashion
- Evidence of advanced clinical reasoning and the management of complex cases
- Specialist knowledge, skills and application of current best practice within neurological conditions
- Ability to keep legible and accurate records in English using POMR format
- Ability to comprehend and work within Trusts policies, including data protection, equal opportunities, and health and safety, to meet the differing needs of the patient
- Understanding of clinical governance and its implications for services, including experience of quality issues and audit
- Excellent presentation skills
- To be proactive in service development, liaising closely with the MDT in order to promote clinical excellence
- Able to carry our manual handling practices
Royal Free London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Free London Neurological Rehabilitation Centre - Edgware Community Hospital
Burnt Oak Broadway
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.