Full/Part Time Positions Available
Due to a number of internal promotions we are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual to join our expanding, friendly and dynamic Team as a Band 5 Diagnostic Radiographer.
The job on offer is a full time (37.5hrs a week) post that will include weekend working. The role is suited to both qualified and newly qualifying radiographers and a full induction with training will be provided. Your Application:
If we receive sufficient applications then this vacancy will close earlier than advertised Main duties of the jobMain duties of the job
- Please specify your expected qualification date.
- Please specify if you require full or part time work.
- You must have a UK professional registration, please state if you are awaiting this following qualification.
- You will be expected to take part in the department out of hours rotation which will include contracted weekend work.
- Your offer of employment is subject to 2 satisfactory references, one must be your most recent employer and cover the last 3 years of employment, with full contact details including a work email (personal emails are not accepted).
- You must disclose any previous convictions, cautions, reprimands or warnings on the application, unless these are protected under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
The Radiology department supports the wider hospital with the delivery of their services, the role will see the successful applicant based in general x-ray where they will support the various services with the provision of high quality diagnostic X-rays.
This will include working within A& E, inpatient and theatre settings.
You will be required to participate in the out of hours service which would include working some weekends as part of your contracted hours. You will also be required to cover Elsmere Port Radiology on occasions.About us
The Countess of Chester Hospital NHS Foundation Trust provides services to West Cheshire and to Welsh patients covered by Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board. The Trust works collaboratively within the wider Cheshire and Merseyside Health and Care Partnership. Its services are provided from three locations:
- The Countess of Chester Hospital: providing 438 general and acute beds
- Ellesmere Port Hospital: providing 56 beds as a rehabilitation, intermediate and outpatient facility
- Tarporley War Memorial Hospital: a base for community services which serve the local rural population.
The Trust employs over 6258 staff (headcount) which includes temporary bank staff and provides acute emergency and elective services, primary care direct access services and obstetric services to a population of approximately 407,000. This includes 357,000 residents in Chester and West Cheshire which includes Ellesmere Port and Neston as well as the Deeside area of Flintshire which has a population of approximately 50,000.
The Trust is a busy district general hospital and in 2022/2023, there were more than 503,342 patient attendances (inpatient, outpatient and diagnostic) ranging from a simple outpatient appointment to major cancer surgery. This is an increase of nearly 10,000 compared to the previous year when there were 494,387 patient attendances.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
See Job Description for further details.
Recruitment selection processes are based on competence (see Person specification) and values.
Please note applicants will be required to pay for their DBS check. Costs are deducted from salary following appointment. The cost of the DBS application is �23 (standard) or �43 (enhanced), this cost will be deducted from your salary over the first three months of employment.
You are encouraged to enrol for the DBS Update Service. A small annual fee of �13 per year applies.
New entrants to the NHS will commence on the minimum of the scale stated above.
Applicants are advised to apply early as if a large number of applications are received for this post, we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the advertised date.
Good luck with your application.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- BSc in Radiography / Diploma of College of Radiographers.
- HCPC registered
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Be adaptable, competent and safe in the operation of a variety of specialist equipment.
- Desire for self-development and motivation to embrace change and learn new techniques outside the current scope of practice. Provision of CPD portfolio and documented evidence to support ongoing self-development.
- Demonstrate empathy, tact and understanding of patient's clinical and emotional situation.
- Participate in / influence service development as required.
Countess of Chester Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Countess of Chester Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.