An excellent opportunity has arisen for the new role of South Bank Site Managing Director to join a new NHS Group - Our Group is one of the largest acute and community Group arrangements in the NHS, with a budget of over �1.3 billion.
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust (HUTH) and Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust (NLAG) have significant ambitions and are committed to delivering more together for the 1.5 million people we serve.
Our two trusts have been working in collaboration to review our services and to identify how we can better provide those services across our complex geography for the benefit of our patients. Our focus is on ensuring we improve clinical outcomes, reduce inequalities of access and address the workforce challenges that we face.
What a unique and exciting time to join us!
We are now looking for a Remarkable Person to join our Extraordinary Place at this pivotal time. We are looking for a Site Managing Director to join us who can drive their site and portfolio of care groups to achieve their strategic, operational, and financial objectives.
This is an excellent opportunity for a high calibre Director who is passionate about operational delivery and clinical performance, who can provide strong leadership to senior managers, ensuring that robust management and performance systems are in place.Main duties of the job
You will provide expert advice to colleagues on all appropriate operational issues, ensuring the achievement of NHS constitutional standards, whilst ensuring the safe provision of high quality patient focused services, in particular ED performance, ambulance handover times, RTT delivery and cancer waiting times.
The triumvirate of the Site Managing Director, Site Nurse Director and Site Medical Director will oversee a portfolio of care groups, and are accountable for meeting national care standards including performance metrics on their sites and from their care groups. The Site Managing Director is the Accountable Officer from this triumvirate. This is a significant operational leadership opportunity, ensuring that the triumvirates responsible for core clinical service delivery are patient focused, and provides a significant professional development opportunity for an NHS leader who aspires to work at Trust Board level.
Applicants will require exceptional leadership qualities, a commercial acumen, strong relationship management skills, a strong business understanding and credibility. You will be passionate about delivering and influencing change, you will be a natural leader who will facilitate and support collaborative working both internally and externally to the Group. You will thrive working at pace, have excellent attention to detail as well as be able to provide a 'helicopter view' of issues within your portfolio at any given time.About us
You must be able to scrutinse performance and patient safety data, work with colleagues to identify the root cause of clinical safety, delivery and performance issues, and be accountable for working up viable solutions to deep-rooted issues.
You will be report directly to the Group Chief Delivery Officer providing assurance on strategic and operational objectives and will be required to participate in Director/Gold on call as per the job description.
Interviews will take place W/C 13 December 2023 and W/C 20 December 2023 (indicative dates only - may be January 2024) Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled Worker Visa sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. You can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the post by assessing your circumstances against criteria specifiedon the gov.uk website.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further details with regard to this vacancy opportunity, please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification.Person SpecificationEducation/QualificationsEssential
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Educated to Masters degree standard or equivalent
- Evidence of continuing professional development and management education (e.g. Diploma, Master's Degree)
- Project Management Qualification or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience, expertise and understanding of performance and change management, business planning, budget setting and contracting processes, in an acute healthcare setting.
- A record of significant achievement in directing and managing the delivery and improvement of services within an organisation of comparable size and complexity.
- Broad experience of leading large teams of professional staff within a performance management culture
- Experience of analysing the business environment and of developing strategies to meet changing organisational needs.
- Experience of inter-agency working and the development of joint projects.
- Expertise and understanding the issues facing the NHS.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Outstanding leadership with highly developed influencing, negotiating and interpersonal skills
- The breadth of outlook and political skill necessary to establish effective working relationships with staff at all levels within and outside the organisation
- The ability to identify, define, promote, communicate and achieve clear organisational values and goals, effective management processes and rational & timely decision making.
- A collaborative management style, which recognises and values personal contributions and agenda and encourages team working.
- The ability to work in partnership with lead clinicians and health care professionals within and outside the Trust and a partnership approach to working across organisations
- The ability to analyse complex issues, to think and plan to achieve both tactical and strategic objectives and to exercise sound judgement in the face of conflicting pressures.
- The skills to evaluate and learn from outcomes with a clear commitment to innovation, learning and improvement
- The temperament and ability to act effectively in high emotive situations
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS TrustAddress
Primary base Diana, Princess of Wales Hospital, Grimsby, with requirement to work across all group sites on a schedule.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.