Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care Trust, in collaboration with Dementia UK, are looking to recruit an exceptional registered nurse (RN, RNMH, RNLD) to become an Admiral Nurse within our well-established team.
Admiral Nurses are specialist dementia nurses who work with and support people with dementia and their families who have complex needs. We are a supportive team looking for a passionate, caring and confident nurse to join us.
Within this role you will be providing specialist one-to-one support, guidance, and practical solutions for families and carers, alongside supporting best practice across the Trust.
Admiral Nurses have access to an excellent programme of continuing professional development which the successful applicant will be encouraged to engage with.
The post is part-time 30 hours over 4 days.
Work base to be discussed in greater detail at interview.Main duties of the job
In line with the Admiral Nurse Competency framework at a specialist level, the post holder will provide:
- Specialist bio-psychosocial assessment and support for people with dementia and families with complex needs
- Facilitation of education and training for staff in the delivery of evidence-based dementia care
- Support with policy development and quality improvements in relation to dementia care
- Consultancy to other health and social care professionals regarding dementia
The post holder will be responsible for the management of a defined caseload.
The post holder will support the team with triage/assessment of referrals with a weekly duty day.About us
At Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust, we are working together to deliver outstanding care. We run community hospitals and community health services across Worcestershire and provide mental health and learning disability services across both Herefordshire and Worcestershire.
Our people (all 4500+ of them) provide services for people of all ages, experiencing both physical and/or mental health conditions from over 100 sites.
We will support you to thrive offer flexible working options for a great work-life balance, help you fulfil your ambitions, and empower you to make positive changes within your team or service. Its why we were named Large Apprenticeship Employer of the Year award at the 2022 Worcestershire Apprenticeship Awards. We value diversity and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, cultures, and ethnicities.What we offer
- 27 days leave plus bank holidays, increasing up to 33 days with long service
- Generous NHS pension and enhanced pay when you work unsocial hours
- Flexible and agile working opportunities
- Great maternity, paternity, and adoption support
- Wide range of staff networks such as LGBT+ and ENRICH (Equality Network for Race Inclusion and Cultural Heritage)
- Health service discounts and online benefits including excellent cycle to work and car salary sacrifice schemes
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
If you would like to know more, please visit our careers website.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For full details of the duties and criteria for the role please refer to the job description and person specification attached. Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- RMN/RGN qualification
- Full current UK professional registration
- Post-registration course in dementia care, or willingness to undertake such a course
- Post-registration course in teaching. (ENB 998 or City & Guilds 730)
- Evidence of recent professional development
- I understand that I will be asked to provide original certificates to verify my qualifications at point of offer
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Considerable experience working at Band 6 or similar level of responsibility
- Considerable experience of working with people with dementia and their carers
- Experience of working with other disciplines in caring for people with dementia
- Experience of working in the community
- Experience of managing a defined caseload
- Experience of providing training and consultancy to other professionals
- Experience of developing and evaluating services
Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS TrustAddress
2 Kings Court
Charles Hastings Way
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.