ONE YEAR FIXED TERM CONTRACT **THE JOB DESCRIPTION FOR THIS POST IS PENDING ROYAL COLLEGE APPROVAL**
We are looking to appoint a NHS Locum Consultant to provide medical leadership to one of the older adult inpatient teams based at Thurrock community hospital. There are two mental health wards, Gloucester which is functional and Meadowview which is organic.Main duties of the job
The post holder will provide clinical care and management for patients on Gloucester ward and you will be part of a well-supported MDT who work collaboratively to provide the best care and treatment for the patients on the ward.
As well as making a clinical difference, we believe that your development is key. If you join our Trust we will ensure that you are supported and encouraged to pursue professional development interests and we have excellent links with the medical school at ARU and other educational establishments where we have shared appointments in teaching and research.
You must have full GMC registration and be on the Specialist Register, with an appropriate CCT or equivalent or be within six months of obtaining your CCT on the date of the AAC.
Essex has something for everyone, amazing scenery, great schools, adventurous outdoor activities, fantastic restaurants and a colourful history so why not contact us to discover why so many of our staff love living and working here.About us
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Care, Learn and Empower. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Day One Flexible Employer
The Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have the opportunity to apply for a flexible working request from the first day of your employment
Join our Staff bank
What is Staff Bank?
Our EPUT NHS staff bank is an entity managed by the trust that hires clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals to take on shifts at our trust hospitals and community settings. Here at EPUT we maintain our own bank of specialist staff to ensure that we are able offer safe and effective care at all times.
All our permanent staff are automatically enrolled onto the staff bank however this does not mean you have to work any additional shifts, but the option is there for you if you wish.
If you are joining our Trust in a fixed term role, please indicate on your New Starter Paperwork that you wish to join our staff bankJob descriptionJob responsibilities
- Provide clinical leadership and be the Responsible Clinician for all patients on Gloucester ward, and provide reciprocal cover as RC for Meadowview ward during leave.
- Review new patients in a timely manner and oversee the clinical management of patients on the ward.
- Will be available for timely CPA meetings and facilitate discharge planning.
- Carry out duties as Responsible Clinician, including Mental Health Act assessments, preparation of tribunal reports and giving oral evidence at managers hearings and mental health review tribunals.
- Be actively involved in supporting staff development and in effecting continual service improvement.
- Provide clinical supervision to the trainees, as well as supervising the specialty doctor.
- Clinical Audit: The post holder will participate in audit to ensure the continuous improvement of the service.
- The organic ward has an experienced full time consultant psychiatrist .The post holder will only be expected to provide cover for holidays and absences.
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Registration with the General Medical Council and on the Specialist Register OR within six months
- Meets Royal College of Psychiatrists criteria for appointment to the post of Consultant.
- Section 12 Approval and Approved Clinician Status.
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management.
- On the Specialist Register with qualifications Older Adult.
- Postgraduate degree in psychiatry MRC Psych or equivalent.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practice at the time of appointment.
Clinical skills, knowledge and experienceEssential
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty.
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others.
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA.
Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.