OD Manager Fixed Term (12 months)
The Organisational Development (OD) team at UHB are a small, but hugely driven group with a common goal focused on delivering OD projects which will make a massive difference to the positive experience of our staff across the Trust. The recruitment of a fixed-term OD Manager is critical to help us to deliver and make that ambition a reality.
As an OD Manager you will play a pivotal role in identifying, designing and delivering key interventions related to OD activity, working across the Trust on key strategic areas. The role will provide support to staff and management and work collaboratively with senior teams, in partnership with OD colleagues. Outcomes will be focused on the achievement of an organisational culture where staff feel valued, supported, involved and enabled to provide safe, high quality patient care and services. The role will also support design and delivery of local interventions at team level.Main duties of the job
Experience and knowledge of working in OD and delivery of OD within a complex organisation
Experience of using the OD cycle to deliver improvements across a team/organisation
A track record of delivering on your ideas to make improvements
Experience of workshop facilitation, delivering training / communications to large groups, and able to adapt delivery style to suit audience
Experience of using workforce data across a range of disciplines to drive change
You need to be energetic, creative and able to put challenge into the 'normal' ways of working, whilst putting kindness, compassion and staff at the forefront of work
The ability to operate outside of the need for detailed guidance or standard practices to work, instead you focus on creating the right solution to the problem presented, adapting each response as required
For more information on the requirement for the role and what it will include we have attached the full job description and person specification.
Good to Know:
The role is fixed term for 12 months to cover maternity leave and full-time hours (37.5 p/w)
We support a wide range of flexible working options to enable you to work in a way that matches your productivity against the service needs (including Hybrid and compressed hours).
If you would like to discuss the role further, please email Emily.firstname.lastname@example.org, Senior OD ManagerAbout us
We are recognised as one of the leading NHS Foundation Trusts in the UK. Our vision is to Build Healthier Lives, and we recognise that we need incredible staff to do this.
Our commitment to our staff is to create the best place for them to work, and we are dedicated to:
Investing in the health and wellbeing of our staff, including a commitment of offering flexible working where we can Offer our staff a wide variety of training and development opportunities, to support their personal and career development objectives.
UHB is committed to ensuring that our staff are treated fairly and feel that they belong, by creating a kind and inclusive environment. This is about equity of opportunity removing all barriers, including discrimination and ensuring each individual member of staff reach their true potential, achieve their ambitions and thrive in their work. This is more than words. We are taking action. Our commitment to an inclusive culture is embedded at all levels of the organisation where every voice is heard, driven by our diverse and active staff networks, and at Board level by the Fairness Taskforce led by our CEO. We nurture a culture which empowers staff to challenge discriminatory behaviours and to enable people to bring their 'whole self' to a kinder, more connected and bold place to work.
University Hospitals Birmingham is a Smoke-Free premises hospital.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
*Please Note : For a specific detailed job description for this vacancy, please see attached Job Description*Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- * Educated to degree level or equivalent in OD/HR, Psychology, Behavioural Science, or a relevant topic, or equivalent professional knowledge gained through significant experience working as an OD specialist
- * Evidence of continuous professional development
Employer detailsEmployer name
- * Recent OD experience in a large, complex organisation
- * Experience of diagnosing, designing and delivering a range of organisational development interventions to improve organisational effectiveness
- * Experience of using the OD cycle to deliver improvements across a team/organisation
- * Experience of workshop facilitation, delivering training / communications to large groups, and of adaptation of style to suit audience
- * Experience of developing and delivering training interventions to staff and managers
- * Experience of working collaboratively with staff groups and multi-disciplinary teams across boundaries to motivate, develop and deliver shared objectives
- * Experience of preparing, analysing and presenting workforce information reports
- * Experience of using workforce data across a range of disciplines to drive change
- * Knowledge of appropriate approaches, tools and diagnostics to inform organisational development programmes of work
- * Experience of assessing, developing and evaluating implementation of work programmes
- * Experience of using electronic information, and Microsoft office, excel, PowerPoint, word
- * Legislation relating to Equality & Diversity especially relating to Gender, Race & Disability
University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.