To improve the quality of care received by people with mental health needs in their local community, Adult Mental Health Community Services are delivered from a central location, called the Milton Keynes Mental Health Hub (MK MH Hub), based in Westcroft Health Centre.
Within the Hub there are three pathways from which all service users are able to access interventions such as Peer Support, Individual Placement Support, Coaching, and/or Specialist
Therapy, dependent on their needs. Interventions are delivered both as groups and individual 1:1 sessions.
The Hub works closely with third sector agencies including the Crisis Caf in Milton Keynes, as well as Milton Keynes University Hospital and the Local Authority. There are also opportunities for appropriately experienced staff to work in partnership with Thames Valley Police and South Central Ambulance Service.Main duties of the job
Post holders will need to:
- Have an excellent knowledge of Mental Health conditions, therapies and current mental health legislation.
- Demonstrate the ability to support and apply a holistic, person-centred, approach to assessing and supporting the health and social care needs of people experiencing severe and enduring mental illness, who have been referred to the Hub.
We are passionate about delivering first-class patient-centred, safe and effective care, whether it is in a hospital setting, in a community clinic or in the patients own home. Patients are at the heart of everything we do. Providing top quality care depends on our ability to employ the best people. Were always looking to recruit outstanding people who will go the extra mile to support our patients, colleagues, teams and the Trust. With every new employee were hoping to find our future leaders and well support our staff by providing opportunities to develop your career.With a diverse culture and equally diverse range of opportunities across mental health, community services, addictions, eating disorders, learning disabilities and more whatever stage of your career you're at, there's always a place for you at CNWL.
As an NHS Trust we strongly encourage and support vaccination as this remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course patients and service users when working on our healthcare settingsJob descriptionJob responsibilities
The post holder will be responsible for responding to duty calls from service users with an open referral to the HUB, their carers or relatives and other professional agencies. The individual will be required to work as part of a multi disciplinary team within a team approach.
To provide leadership for junior staff, through supervision and appraisal.
To provide mentorship for students on placement within the team.
To educate internal and external customers of Service, including students and junior staff of all professions
For more information about this post please see attached job descriptionPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Professional Qualification at Diploma or Degree level in mental health nursing/ Social work or occupational therapy
- Student supervision/mentoring qualification
- Demonstrable post basic experience in Mental Health
- Sound knowledge base
- Experience of working in the community.
- Excellent knowledge of MHA, the MHA Bill and MCA
- Varied clinical approaches
- Sound knowledge of the principles of recovery
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Car Owner/Driver with full UK licence
Central and North West London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Westcroft Health Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.