Radiology Nurse - Band 5 Full-time 37.5 hours per week. Permanent post.
Are you ready to try a different aspect of nursing? An opportunity has arisen within Radiology at Royal Bolton Hospital for a motivated and enthusiastic registered nurse who would like to be part of an innovative, patient focussed pro-active team and develop new skills.
Whilst previous experience in supporting clinicians undertaking procedures is desirable, it is not essential. Your development is our priority and we will support you as you get to grips with our state-of-the-art technology and equipment, and wide range of procedures that are undertaken in radiology, such as Vascular Angiography/angioplasty and stenting, Embolisation, Hysterosalpingogram (HSG), Nephrostomy,Ultrasound and CT biopsy and drainages.Main duties of the job
Monitoring for patients undergoing interventional procedures.
Scrubbing for Radiologists and Advanced Practitioners performing interventional procedures.
Cleaning and decontamination duties.
Booking patients for interventional procedures.
Multidisciplinary working.About us
This post is Monday to Friday, 9-5. It is open to external candidates as well as those who may already work within the Trust.
Bolton Foundation Trust strives to be a great place to work and has many opportunities for development and benefits such as our Vivup employee benefits programme for discounts on a wide variety of items.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Interventional Radiology (IR) is an ever expanding specialty offering the newest most up to date technologies within modern medicine. It is much less invasive than conventional treatments as most procedures are done through incisions less than 5mm. The team are often able to avoid general anaesthetic and can care for the patients with a combination of local anaesthetic and conscious sedation, provided by an adequately trained nurse. You will be admitting and caring for patients before, during and after invasive procedures, including scrubbing, circulating and recovery. You will also be providing general nursing care to patients across the department.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- NMC registration
- BSc in Nursing or Diploma Equivalent
- Evidence of on-going relevant professional development
- Experience of working in multidisciplinary workforce
- Knowledge of interventional policies and procedures
- 12 months evidence of acute post registration experience (acute setting)
- Previous experience working within an IR, Cath lab or Theatre environment
- Acute ward experience (Vascular, HBP, Urology, Cancer, Gastro)
- Coping under pressure
- Decision Making & Problem Solving
- Good Time Management
- Good Communication Skills
- IV Cannulation
- ECG recording
- Male/Female Catheterisation
- Preceptorship and mentoring
- Computer & IT Skills
- Mentorship Qualification
- IT Qualification
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to work with children and vulnerable adults (Enhanced DBS)
- Able to wear heavy PPE and stand for extended periods of time (lead)
Bolton NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Bolton Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.