Carry out specialist practitioner role, performing and independently reporting on images within diagnostic imaging, providing a responsive, high quality service to all referrers, ensuring they reflect best practice and are guided by trust policies and guidelines.
Performing and reporting on CT Colonography as well as another area of advanced practice within GI e.g. plain film abdominal reporting, barium swallows/meals, barium follow throughs or proctograms. This may also include another area of plain film reporting e.g. chest. These examinations are specialised and not normally undertaken by Radiographers.
Use highly developed specialist knowledge and training to master's level plus practical experience to interpret report and diagnose a wide range of conditions. Cases are often highly complex, requiring analysis, interpretation and differentiation where there may be no definitive diagnosis.
The role will be prominent within the Diagnostic Imaging department the post holder will support the delivery objectives of the department and be responsive to changes in policy both nationally and locally within the NHS.
Provide professional advice and expertise to all members of the multidisciplinary team and be recognised and accessible as an expert in their specified field. Promote best practice and disseminate knowledge to the profession and to a wider health care arena.Main duties of the jobPLEASE REFER TO THE ATTACHED JOB DESCRIPTION FOR FULL DETAILS
- Provide highly specialist clinical technical service by assessing and implementing highly specialist imaging procedures and reporting upon these images, which contributes to the diagnosis of patients.
- Provide an efficient and effective reporting service which adheres to the departmental targets and standards across all areas.
- Write reports in a clear concise manner and communicate these findings to colleagues to ensure appropriate treatment for patients following the departmental protocols contained in the Referral to Results policy.
- Plan, organise and prioritise a broad range of complex activities including own patient workload, training sessions and providing an expert clinical advice service. This requires formulation and adjustment to meet accepted time scales for image reporting and timely responses to queries from all service users.
We are committed to ensure a work-life balance to all our staff by offering full time and part time roles, flexible working hours on a shift pattern to fit around your family life.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) and candidates form our local communities.
Benefits to youo 27 days annual leave for new starters, rising to 29 days after five years of service and 33 days after 10 years of service, plus 8 Bank Holidays (pro-rata for part time staff) o NHS Pension Scheme:o Flexible working opportunities o Increased hourly rates for unsociable hours e.g. night shifts, weekends, bank holidays o Career development and training o Wellbeing support and activities o In-house physiotherapy Service o On-site canteens with subsidised meals o Subsidised staff parking (currently free).o Free Stagecoach Bus Travel to and from work within Cambridgeshire and PeterboroughJob descriptionJob responsibilitiesPLEASE REFER TO THE ATTACHED JOB DESCRIPTION FOR FULL DETAILS
Person SpecificationEducation & QualificationsEssential
- Review, assess and clinically supervise radiographers, students and assistant practitioners.
- Be active in teaching and specialist training and presentation of case studies.
- Identify training needs through continual assessment of images reported and feedback to Practice Development Radiographer and clinical management team.
- Develop, promote and demonstrate best practice and facilitate the integration of the most up to date research theory into practice.
- Facilitate and promote a learning culture within the field of GI Imaging, enable others to develop their full potential within this specialist field.
- Enhance the quality of assessment, diagnosis, management and evaluation, and help deliver improved outcomes for the patient and the service.
- SCR or BSC Hons recognised by the College of Radiographers
- Post Graduate qualification on more than 1 area of Advanced GI Practice
- HCPC registration
- PGC in CT Colongraphy
- CPD portfolio
- Recent General Radiography
- CTC Performing & Reporting
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of MDT participation
North West Anglia NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Peterborough City Hospital
Edith Cavell Campus
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.