We have an exciting opportunity for a part time band 7 Physiotherapist, to join the LUHFT stroke team. The post is based within Aintree stroke services but you will be expected to support and work closely with other team leads across the stroke pathway.
This role will take a lead in ensuring the provision of highly specialist evidence based therapeutic intervention for stroke patients at the hyperacute, acute and inpatient rehabilitation stage of their admission.
This is an exciting time for stroke services in North Mersey as we have recently opened our new Stroke Assessment Centre. The post holder will work closely with colleagues across the stroke pathway at LUHFT, partnership trusts as well as across the Cheshire and Mersey footprint to ensure the implementation of the new stroke guidelines for physiotherapy is fully embedded within the service.
The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent leadership skills with a strong understanding of working within a stroke MDT. You will demonstrate a proven track record clinical management of stroke/neuro rehabilitation. We are looking for someone with outstanding organisational, interpersonal and communication skills who has a passion for stroke services, team working and service improvement. You must be flexible and able to support a team through change.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate an interest in research and innovation to develop the opportunities for MDT participation in research within the service.Main duties of the job
The post holder will work closely with other band 7 team leads to develop the service.
You will be expected to act as an innovative, enthusiastic role model providing leadership, guidance, and support to staff on the daily operational areas within the team. You will be expected to demonstrate a specialist knowledge of physiotherapy stroke guidelines and latest gold standard clinical practice.
The successful post holder will be expected to contribute to weekend and evening shift pattern.About us
Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust was created on 1 October 2019 following the merger of two adult acute Trusts, Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and the Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust.
The merger provides an opportunity to reconfigure services in a way that provides the best healthcare services to the city and improves the quality of care and health outcomes that patients experience.
The Trust runs Aintree University Hospital, Broadgreen Hospital, Liverpool University Dental Hospital and the Royal Liverpool University Hospital.
It serves a core population of around 630,000 people across Merseyside as well as providing a range of highly specialist services to a catchment area of more than two million people in the North West region and beyond.
To hear more about our achievements click here https://www.liverpoolft.nhs.uk/media/13089/1606-annual-report-booklet_final.pdf Follow us on Social Media: Facebook - Liverpool University Hospitals Careers Instagram - @LUHFTcareers Twitter - @LUHFTcareersJob descriptionJob responsibilities
- To undertake physiotherapy assessment, clinically diagnose and implementagreed plans as appropriate including the routine treatment of complexpatients
- To ensure effective two way communication with patients and other Health Professionals regarding all aspects of patient care
- To work closely with other members of the Clinical Team to develop a co-ordinated Multidisciplinary Therapy Service
- To provide the Therapy Lead and Therapy management team with relevant information for the planning and development of the unit
- To support the leading of regular staff meetings and facilitate good communication between the department and Trust both on Trust and National issues ensuring effective dissemination of information.
To contribute to clinical teams both uni-disciplinary and multidisciplinary by discussing own and others input around clients needs ensuring a well-coordinated care plan.
See individual discipline specific Job Description and Person SpecificationPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- B.Sc in Physiotherapy
- Grad.Diploma in Physiotherapy
- Current registration with HCPC
- Post Graduate courses in Management at various levels/equivalent
- Post-Graduate courses in a variety of specialities/clinical education
- Experience working in working in various specialities and in management roles.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Forward thinking with knowledge of current NHS/speciality issues.
- Ability to pass on skills and knowledge to others.
- Excellent managerial skills.
- Ability to manage and work as part of MDT.
- Able to handle difficult, sensitive and emotional situations.
- Ability to think quickly, assess clinical situations and take decisions upon that information.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience in conducting audit.
- Experience in conducting or supporting Research projects.
Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Address
Aintree University Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.