An exciting opportunity has arisen for the position of Advanced Clinical Practitioner within UHMB Community Rapid Response Teams incorporating 2 hour Urgent Community Response and Virtual Wards.
We have 3 bases at Furness General Hospital, Heysham Primary Care Centre and Murley Moss, Kendal. Base will be discussed as part of the recruitment process.
The post holder will support the development of the expanding Rapid Response Service to support the delivery of the 2 hour Urgent Community Response and Virtual Ward mandates to improve out of hospital care and support the management of patients in their own home.
The post holder will work with colleagues and partners in the health and social care system to provide evidence-based, holistic care to patients requiring Virtual Ward or Urgent Community Response and oversight as part of a Rapid Response Intervention.
The role blends direct, higher level clinical care with education, management activities with a focus on Governance and as such the post holder is expected to build working relationships across the local health community.Main duties of the job
To work at the level outlined in the HEE Multi-professional Framework for Advanced Clinical Practice (2017) with equal focus on all four pillars of advanced clinical practice: Clinical, Leadership/management, education, and research/audit
To assist in the continuing development of a comprehensive Rapid Response and Admission avoidance service in community for patients diagnosed with an acute episode of illness and to act as a national exemplar for the potential of this role.
Provide expert practice, exercising a high degree of specialist professional judgement through the management of a caseload of patients referred to them by GPs, consultant colleagues and other health care professionals.About us
We operate from three main hospitals - Furness General Hospital (FGH) in Barrow, the Royal Lancaster Infirmary (RLI), and Westmorland General Hospital (WGH) in Kendal, as well as a number of community health care premises including Millom Hospital and GP Practice, Queen Victoria Hospital in Morecambe, and Ulverston Community Health Centre.
FGH and the RLI have a range of General Hospital services, with full Emergency Departments, Critical/Coronary Care units and various Consultant-led services.
WGH provides a range of General Hospital services, together with an Urgent Treatment Centre, that can help with a range of non-life threatening conditions such as broken bones and minor illnesses.
All three main hospitals provide a range of planned care including outpatients, diagnostics, therapies, day case and inpatient surgery. In addition, a range of local outreach services and diagnostics are provided from community facilities across Morecambe Bay.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To read more information about the advertised role, and the main job duties/responsibilities please open the Job Description and Person Specification located under the supporting documents heading. You can also read more information about University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay visiting our website https://www.uhmb.nhs.uk/Person SpecificationEducation/QualificationsEssential
- oRegistered Nurse (on the relevant part of the register for the post) or Allied Health Professional
- Masters Degree in Advanced Practice or working towards
- oPost registration course or qualification in specialist area (where applicable/available)
- Non Medical prescriber
- Completed accredited communication skills training
- Evidence of continuing professional development
Skills ability and knowledgeEssential
- Experience of establishing effective communication.
- oCurrent knowledge and experience of caring for patients with respiratory conditions
- oEvidence of clinical competence and credibility in the specialty and relevant post-registration qualification experience which must be in an appropriate area of specialist practice at a senior level.
- Exercise a high degree of autonomy within specialist area
- Change management experience and ability to develop expert practice
- Evidence of teaching, mentoring and assessing junior staff.
- oExperience of and ability to work as a member of the multidisciplinary clinical team.
- Experience of undertaking audit
- Experience of undertaking research
- Experience in the development of policies, procedures and practice
- Evidence of management/leadership experience relevant to clinical specialty.
- Setting and monitoring of standards
- Able to respond rapidly to emergency situations
- oAble to prioritise own workload and that of others demonstrating effective time management and organisational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both written & verbal.
- oUp to date knowledge of the developments in appropriate area care underpinned by theory and experience
- Understanding of clinical governance and its application
- Understanding of current best practice and NHS issues and initiatives
- oAble to develop, and deliver nurse/AHP led services and clinics, in collaboration but independently of medical consultants
- oAutonomous practitioner able to admit, investigate, diagnose, treat, prescribe medications and discharge patients
- oWork under pressure with exceptional organisation and time management skills
- oCommitted to CPD of self and others with proven mentoring, teaching and assessing skills
- Demonstrate advanced people management skills
- oCompetent in IT skills (in particular e- mail, use of internet ability to manipulate data electronically, power point presentations)
- Ability to develop standards of care
- Ensures that own actions support equality, diversity, rights and maintain quality
- Demonstrable basic and advanced clinical skills relevant to the specialty
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Flexible and adaptable to the changing needs of the service
- oExcellent interpersonal skills, enthusiastic, innovative, flexible, approachable, caring, kind and compassionate
- Motivated and able to motivate others
- Committed to service development
- Able to deal with difficult and sensitive situations with tact and diplomacy
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Able to deal with and resolve conflict
- Ability to travel across the bay
University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS TrustAddress
Westmorland General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.