The post holder will provide comprehensive administrative support and leadership for the production and running of medical rotas within the Women and Children's Group, ensuring that rotas are completed, updated and publicised in line with departmental timescales, highlighting and supporting any requirements for locum cover, liaising with Temporary Staffing Services in a timely manner to maximise the chances of obtaining cover. The post holder will be responsible for overseeing production, monitoring and compliance of rotas within the European Working Time Regulations (EWTD) and understanding, with support of medical staffing, contractual requirements for doctors. The post holder will provide support and leadership for the management of medical staffing under the line management of Women and Children's and for the production of data required for the Women and Children's Management Team. Closing Date: Please be advised that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. Please apply for this job as soon as you can, if interested.Main duties of the job
- To oversee the production and maintenance of junior doctor on call rotas for Women and Children's throughout the Trust, ensuring that they are compliant with EWTD and New Deal regulations and that they are equitable for all staff.
- To oversee the design, production and monitoring of new medical rota templates, when required, ensuring compliance with EWTD, New Deal regulations and bandings.
- To oversee an annual review of all medical rotas to ensure continued compliance with EWTD and New Deal regulations.
- To oversee the production and maintenance of Consultant on call rotas for Women and Children's.
University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust, rated as good by the Care Quality Commission, is one of the largest teaching Trusts in the UK.
We are extremely proud of our employees across our hospital sites, with high quality patient care at the heart of everything we do.
Boasting some of the most modern facilities in Western Europe, the Trust is renowned for being at the forefront of research and innovation as part of its blossoming reputation as a worldwide leader in healthcare.
We are proud to be recognised as a Pathway to Excellence designated organisation - please click the link for further details about this prestigious award. Pathway To Excellence - University Hospitals Coventry & Warwickshire (uhcw.nhs.uk)
By joining our exciting journey, you will form part of a passionate, talented team and will be able to access a wide range of learning and development opportunities. There has never been a better time to join our team.
The Trust is committed to building an organisation that makes full use of the talents, skills, experience, and different perspectives available in our diverse society. We want everyone to feel they are respected, valued, can achieve their potential and receive the most appropriate and relevant care. We will create an environment where the equality and human rights principles of fairness, respect, equality, dignity and autonomy are promoted and are part of the organisation's core values.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further details please see the attached job description. Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential Desirable ExperienceEssential Desirable KnowledgeEssential Desirable SkillsEssential Employer detailsEmployer name
- To ensure that on call rotas are amended in a timely fashion to reflect leave, swaps, sickness absence or any other reasons requiring amendment of on call rotas
- To ensure that any gaps in on call rotas are identified and ensure that such gaps are reported to Temporary Staffing Services in a timely manner to maximise the chances of obtaining appropriate cover.
- To support TSS to ensure that all locum staff are provided with prompt induction to the Trust and their roles and responsibilities and to ensure that all locums receive the required ID and ICT accesses in a timely manner to enable them to undertake their roles
- To oversee the monitoring of locum usage to support on call rotas and to ensure that regular reports are provided to finance regarding locum usage and appropriately challenge where other options can be utilised.
- To ensure that any enquiries relating to on call rotas are dealt with and responded to in a timely manner.
- To ensure that all leave and swaps are accurately recorded in a timely fashion and to ensure that all rotas are updated accordingly to ensure rotas remain accurate at all times.
- To ensure that all sickness absence of doctors in training is recorded promptly and accurately to ensure that rotas remain accurate at all times
- To oversee the monitoring of sickness absence of doctors in training and to ensure that all breaches of sickness absence targets are notified promptly to the Clinical Lead for the relevant specialty
- To oversee the management of leave of doctors who fall under the line management of the Women and Childrens Group to ensure that all leave is accurately and promptly recorded.
- To oversee the production of the weekly ward cover plans for Paediatrics ensuring that they are accurate and produced and distributed in a timely manner.
- To oversee the production of data in support of the management of the Women and Childrens Group and ensure that such data is produced and distributed in a timely manner.
- To undertake any project work relating to rotas or rota management, as required.
- To undertake any other duties of a similar nature consistent with the responsibilities of the post in order to provide a quality service
University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.