Our service is based in the community Complex Care. We have a sister ward that we work in collaboration with at times when our patients are admitted. The post holder will work alongside a variety of specialist teams involved in the care of our children.
Working as part of our dynamic and developing team, the post holder will meet the needs of children requiring complex nursing care and ventilation.
The successful applicant will assist the Senior Sister, Clinical Educator and LTV Clinical Nurse Specialist to provide educational support to trained carers.
The post holder will be required to lead and manage a team of staff and their patient packages.Main duties of the job
- Provide supervision, training and expert clinical teaching with specific reference to junior staff to ensure high quality care.
- Support the Senior Sister (Operational lead), in the management and development of the nursing workforce.
- In liaison with the Senior Sister participate in the management of and be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of clinical care.
- Staff and students will be supported, supervised and developed to meet service and educational needs.
- Family centred care is promoted by working in partnership with the child and family.
- Staff and resources are utilised effectively in order to ensure the safe delivery of care, to meet service needs and optimize staff development.
- Ensure Children Young People and families receive a positive patient experience during all episodes of care
Birmingham Women's and Children's NHS Foundation Trust is the first of its type in the UK. Our Trust was formed in February 2017 to drive forward our commitment to provide the highest quality, world-class physical and mental health care for our women, children and families. Uniting our hospitals means more seamless care more investment to make greater advances in our specialist treatment and world-leading neo-natal and fetal work. Importantly, it also gives us a greater voice in shaping the future of family-centred care.
Birmingham Children's Hospital is a UK leading specialist paediatric centre with an international reputation in several areas.
Birmingham Women's Hospital is one of two dedicated women's hospitals in the UK, with the busiest single site maternity unit, delivering more than 8,200 babies a year offering a full range of gynaecological, maternity and neonatal care.
Forward Thinking Birmingham (FTB) Mental Health Services are a unique, innovative community and inpatient mental health partnership. Alongside partners FTB offers care pathways of mental health assessment and treatment for young people aged 0-25 years old.
Our Trust is committed to creating the best place to work. We believe in promoting and enhancing inclusion, diversity and equality and encourage applications from all areas of the community, who meet the criteria for the role, regardless of age, gender identity, disability, race, religion or sexual orientation.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification to view the full details for this opportunity at Birmingham Womens and Childrens NHS Foundation Trust.
When completing your application, please ensure you have evidenced how you meet the job description and person specification to include transferable experience, qualifications, skills along with professional registration details (if applicable).
Occasionally we receive a large number of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment. Person SpecificationEssentialEssential
- Current registration with nursing and midwifery council (NMC)
- Two years HDU/PICU/Rehabilitation or community experience
- RSCN/RN (Child Branch)
- Experience working at a senior band 5 level
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to make time criticial decisions under pressure
- Able to organise self and others to work flexibly to deliver service needs
Birmingham Women's and Children's NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Birmingham Children's Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.