Previous candidate need not apply
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic self-motivated individual to join our busy Corporate and Health Records Department at the Leeds Teaching Hospital Trust (LTHT).
This is an exciting time to join the Corporate and Health Records Department as we are transitioning from a paper-led service to an electronic digital service.
In this role you will support the Health and Corporate Records service across the Trust, covering all five sites. You will be responsible for the operational management of services and teams, ensuring this runs in a safe, effective, and efficient way. You will provide advice to departments within the Trust regarding corporate records management, in accordance with current legislation and local/national guidance to support implementation of continuous quality improvements.
You will work closely with the Trusts electronic patient record (EPR) team to assist in the management of the transition from paper to electronic records.
Are you ready to use your digital information management skills in a way that makes a positive impact on peoples lives, supporting the utilisation of electronic records for clinicians enabling them to provide optimal patient care, if so this role is for you.
Previous candidates need not apply.Main duties of the job
You will play a key role in managing the day-to-day organisation and operations of the health records library and teams across the Trust.
You will take the lead in the recruitment, development, and motivation of medical records staff and the health records management team to ensure they are equipped to undertake their roles and provide an effective and efficient service.
You will develop effective and valued relationships with colleagues across the Trust to actively promote developments and improvements in ways of working, to ensure the delivery of high-quality record keeping in support of patient care, using a safe, effective and efficient service delivery approach.
You will ensure that all records are managed in line with relevant legislation, maintaining a high standard of data security, confidentiality, availability, and accuracy in accordance with national and local standards.
You will demonstrate operational and management experience and skills, be proactive and organised with great attention to detail and have strong communication skills to enable you to liaise with both internal and external stakeholders in a professional manor. You will require the ability to manage large diverse teams in a busy environment leading by example and inspiring best practice whilst supporting your team to provide excellent care in line with the Leeds Way Values.
For a more detailed understanding of the main responsibilities of this post please refer to the job description document.About us
Corporate and Health Records Department is part of the Trust's Digital Information Technology Team. There is one main Health Records Library based at St James's Hospital at LTHT. The Department and Team are friendly, supportive, and work collaboratively to achieve the Departments goals, promoting best practice in relation to all patient related information whether in paper or electronic format. They are proactive in the development of services in line with the trust and department strategy. We are highly motivated due to the demands on the service. We work closely in teams in the service and support users around the Trust with the development and implementation of the health and corporate records management strategy, considering storage requirements for the future and the moving towards electronic record keeping. Wed love to consider your application if you are interested in playing a part in the efficient treatment of patients.
Leeds Teaching Hospitals is committed to our process of redeploying 'at risk' members of our existing workforce to new roles. As such, all our job adverts are subject to this policy and we reserve the right to close, delay or remove adverts while this process is completed. If you do experience a delay in the shortlisting stage of the recruitment cycle, please bear with us while this process is completed, and contact the named contact if you have any questions.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see supporting documents for full Job Description with further information on: requirements of the role, the department and workflows and full person specification.Person SpecificationOther CriteriaEssential
- Must be able to travel between sites to provide cross cover on a city wide basis.
- Management Qualification
- Educated to a degree level plus post grad diploma in management, Or 6 years highly relevant, in depth experience.
- 6 years experience of work in a health records related setting
- Proven experience of working and using the WinDIP system.
- Proven experience of effective performance monitoring
- Proven experience of developing and implementing working processes
- Proven experience of operational management
- Proven experience of significant staff management experience
- Proven experience successful project management
- Proven experience giving presentations to large groups of people
- Experience of working with senior managers and others to improve service
- Managing significant change in an operational environment
- Management of complex budget
Skills and BehavioursEssential
- Previous Management of a Medical Records Department
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Capable of working with all levels and disciplines of staff within the Trust
- Capable of tactical and strategic planning
- Skilled in influencing, negotiating and building working relationships
- A mature, compassionate disposition and an ability to communicate with all ages and social groups
- Promotes the importance of service quality and looks for ways to improve the service provided
- Makes conscious choices about their own personal development and orchestrates appropriate development opportunities.
- Leadership, mentoring and facilitator skills
- Proven problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Performance analysis
- Ability to present information
- Ability to negotiate and influence staff at all levels and disciplines
Leeds Teaching HospitalsAddress
Leeds General Infirmary
Great George Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.