Care of Elderly An exciting development opportunity has arisen for an experienced and senior nurse to lead the team on ward 29 at Bradford Royal Infirmary. We are looking for a highly enthusiastic, passionate individual to lead our team, with experience in delivering the highest quality care for older people. Ward 29 is a modern, purpose built 30 bedded unit, providing downstream acute care for our elderly patients.Main duties of the jobThe successful candidate will require a minimum 3 years post registration experience and recent experience at band 6 or above is required. Good leadership and communication skills are essential. Individuals should be flexible and be able to demonstrate they are an excellent role model with the ability to develop excellent interpersonal relationships. They should have a keen interest working in care of the Elderly. The post holder is responsible for the teaching, mentoring and assessment of students, trainees and professional staff, promoting a learning culture.About us
At Bradford Teaching Hospitals we're passionate about providing outstanding care for the people of the Bradford district and communities across the North of England. We're keen to meet people interested in sharing our passion and helping us continue to deliver the highest quality of care to our patients.
We're a renowned teaching hospital trust at the forefront of research, education and development, with a state-of-the-art simulation and skills training centre on site.
In short, we can help you lift your career to the next level. We've received huge investment to improve patient care which means we have truly world-class facilities including a brand-new neonatal suite, state-of-the-art intensive care unit, a newly refurbished A& E department, new children's unit and a welcoming, modern atrium and reception area for staff and visitors.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached for the job description document for this post for further details in regards to the main responsibilities of the role.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Significant post graduate experience including recent experience in the NHS
- Experience Band 6/equivalent working in Elderly care
- Experience of student / qualified staff supervision.
- Experience in managing a ward/department/team
- Worked within a multidisciplinary team
- Involvement in audit and / or research
- Management skills
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Advanced skills in core area of Elderly care/Nursing older people
- Ability to challenge practice and support staff
- Evidence of specialist CPD.
- MSc/Post graduate diploma or relevant post graduate qualification/course
- Understanding of how patient flow works
- Management training
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Degree in a health Care profession with current registration to a National Health Professional Body ie. Nursing, Physiotherapy, Occupational therapy
- Post graduate qualification in teaching and assessing
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bradford Royal Infirmary
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.