To work as a member of the Hospital Team, to provide effective leadership in support of the Band 7 as Junior Sister. To supervise a team of nurses providing skilled, clinically effective, high quality care in a variety of settings. To support the Band 7 Ward Manager with responsibility of Bed Management and effective ward/hospital cover to meet and provide safe standards of care for patients.Main duties of the job
- Ensure that the 12 fundamentals of care are applied in the care of all patients: Communication and information, respecting people, ensuring safety, promote independence, relationships, sleep, rest and Activity, ensure comfort, alleviate pain, personal hygiene and appearance, eating and drinking, toilet needs, oral health and hygiene and preventing pressure sores
- Initiate the immediate, individualised care of patients by assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care, without the direct supervision of a senior nurse
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
If you relish a challenge, have a passion to help others or simply fancy a fresh start, then Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board (BCUHB) North Wales, has all the right ingredients. The largest health organisation in Wales, providing a full range of primary, community, mental health, acute and elective hospital services for a population of around 700,000, across North Wales . Join our team and get the support you need, in line with our Organisational Values and 'Proud to Lead' competence framework.
Enjoy being part of working with engaged leadership at all levels, and be assured we are committed to promoting equality and diversity, and are proud to welcome applicants under the Disability Confident Employer scheme.
Please check your email account regularly. Successful applicants will receive all recruitment related correspondence via the email account registered on the application form.
Applications may be submitted in Welsh. Applications submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application submitted in EnglishJob descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.Person SpecificationEducationEssential ExperienceEssential
- Sufficient years post registration experience in a relevant clinical area for example, care of the elderly, stroke rehabilitation, palliative care
- Sufficient years experience of having contributed to the smooth running of Ward/Unit, on going management of junior staff and students, improving standards of patient care and encouraging new practice
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with methods and tools for Audit
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Leadership and influencing skills
- Highly motivated and able to work independently
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health BoardAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.