TERM TIME ONLY Specialist Community Public Health Nurse- School Nursing or Experience Paediatric nurse. 1 x Fixed term term post 1x permanent Term time post
We are recruiting for dynamic qualified Specialist Community Public Health Nurses (SCPHN) or an experience band 6 paediatric nurse with strong public health focus who are fully committed to delivering and improving the health and well-being of our diverse school aged children.Main duties of the job
As a highly motivated and dynamic school nurse, you will play a leading role in shaping our services as we are committed in meeting the health needs of children and young people through the delivery of the 5-19 Healthy Child Programme. The school nurse will deliver high quality evidence based skilled nursing care within the schools of Islington. We have redesigned our school nursing service in line with the 4, 5, 6 model and the 6 High Impact Areas and require a school nurse who is passionate about achieving outcomes for children, young people and families.
You will be responsible for a defined caseload of secondary and primary schools, overseeing the delivery of the Healthy Child Programme (5-19). This will involve working in collaboration with parents/carers, education and other multi agency professionals.About us
Whittington Health serves a richly diverse population and works hard to ensure that all our services are fair and equally accessible to everyone. Nowhere is this more obvious than in the way we look after our staff. We aim to employ a workforce which is as representative as possible of this population, so we are open to the value of differences in age, disability, gender, marital status, pregnancy and maternity, race, sexual orientation, and religion or belief. The Trustbelieves that as a public sector organisation we have an obligation to have recruitment, training, promotion and other formal employment policies and procedures that are sensitive to these differences. We think that by doing so, we are better able to treat our patients as well as being a better place to work.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Person SpecificationEducation/ QulificationsEssential
- To manage a defined caseload and cluster of primary schools
- Lead on the delivery of Healthy Child Programme.
- Plan, implement and evaluate interventions in response to changing health needs.
- Work in partnership with our key stakeholders.
- Provide confidential support and advice to young people in different venues
- Facilitate the delivery of health promotion and health education activities in school and community settings
- 2 Years experience at Band 6 Paeds
Skills and abilityEssential
- Evidence of post registration training and development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to support patients from a variety of backgrounds
- To demonstrate the ability to reflect on clinical practice to enhance professional/personal development
- Ability to prioritise and effectively manage own workload
- Basic Information Technology Skills (2) Good organisational Skills
- Ability to prioritise workload
Knowledge and experienceEssential
- Application of research/evidence base to good practice
- Experience working with children and families
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of working together in a team
- Able to work autonomously and without supervision
- Able to demonstrate an awareness and understanding of good practice in safeguarding and child protection
- Able to demonstrate an awareness and understanding of National and Government issues influencing the provision of health care to all children
- Able to demonstrate an awareness and understanding of confidentiality and record keeping
- Able to demonstrate an awareness and understanding of current issues and recent developments in school health
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience nursing in a diverse inner city community
Whittington Hospital NHS TrustAddress
Highbury Grange Health Centre
1-5 Highbury Grange
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.