An exciting opportunity has arisen for a band 5 Physiotherapist to join our rotational programme within Worcestershire. We are looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to provide Physiotherapy in a variety of settings including MSK Out-Patients, Inpatient Rehabilitation, Inpatient Stroke Rehabilitation, Community physio and Paediatrics. This is an excellent opportunity to develop a sound professional identity, a range of skills and competencies within a wide variety of clinical fields.
The rotations are 6 months in duration and there is 7-day working in place across the inpatient rotations.
You will benefit from a robust supervision model and appraisal processes as well as varied training opportunities. We will offer preceptorship support and development opportunities for new graduates as well as rotation specific best practice sessions and we have close links with local Universities with the opportunity for practice education (1 year post qualification).Main duties of the job
The role will involve patient assessment and delivery of physiotherapy interventions to the population of Worcestershire within a variety of services such as MSK Out-Patients, Inpatient Rehabilitation, Inpatient Stroke Rehabilitation, Community Physio and Paediatrics.
The successful candidate will be acting as an autonomous practitioner who will be managing a caseload, using evidence based/ patient centred principles to assess, plan and deliver individualised treatment programmes and delegate responsibility as appropriate.
The post holder will need to be a keen team member with a flexible approach and an effective communicator.
There will also be an opportunity to assist with service development and to teach and supervise other clinicians and students and help to shape the future service delivery and workforce. About us
At Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust, we are working together to deliver outstanding care. We run community hospitals and community health services across Worcestershire and provide mental health and learning disability services across both Herefordshire and Worcestershire.
Our people (all 4500+ of them) provide services for people of all ages, experiencing both physical and/or mental health conditions from over 100 sites.
We will support you to thrive offer flexible working options for a great work-life balance, help you fulfil your ambitions, and empower you to make positive changes within your team or service. Its why we were named Large Apprenticeship Employer of the Year award at the 2022 Worcestershire Apprenticeship Awards. We value diversity and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, cultures, and ethnicities.What we offer
- 27 days leave plus bank holidays, increasing up to 33 days with long service
- Generous NHS pension and enhanced pay when you work unsocial hours
- Flexible and agile working opportunities
- Great maternity, paternity, and adoption support
- Wide range of staff networks such as LGBT+ and ENRICH (Equality Network for Race Inclusion and Cultural Heritage)
- Health service discounts and online benefits including excellent cycle to work and car salary sacrifice schemes
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
If you would like to know more, please visit our careers website.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Behave consistently with the values and beliefs of the organisation and promote these on day to day basis.
- Act as a role model to colleagues, always seeking to maintain the highest standards of professionalism.
- Use their initiative and take responsibility for themselves and the quality of their work and the service they provide to patients.
- Provide a physiotherapy service within a defined area, working as part of a specialist physiotherapy team. The post holder rotates through the specialties for a fixed term.
- Undertake physiotherapeutic assessments of patients with diverse complex and acute / chronic presentation, to determine clinical diagnosis and physiotherapy treatments needed, and to maintain records as an autonomous practitioner.
- Hold responsibility for own caseload and be responsible for a defined area of the service or a particular patient type, working without direct supervision. Supervision takes the form of regular formal training and clinical reasoning sessions, peer reviewand case conferences. Access to advice and support from Senior Physiotherapist is available if required, clinical work is not routinely evaluated.
- Deputise for Senior Physiotherapist
- Supervise and train health care professionals, carers and assistants in physiotherapeutic management, as appropriate. This includes working as a member of a Multi-Disciplinary Team.
For full details of the duties and criteria for the role please refer to the job description and person specification attached.Person SpecificationAdditional CriteriaEssential
- Committed to personal and team development
- Reliable and flexible
- Confident and enthusiastic
- Able to meet the travel requirements of the post
- Diploma/Degree in Physiotherapy
- HCPC registration
- I understand that I will be asked to provide original certificates to verify my qualifications at point of offer
Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Evidence of relevant post graduate courses/CPD, maintained in portfolio
- Role modelling good behaviour
- A positive attitude and able to act on feedback
- Ability to praise and be supportive to others
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Be able to work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team
- Able to maintain judgement and work under pressure
- Effective time management
- Experience of working in a variety of specialities
- Experience within relevant clinical field
- Experience of delegation to unqualified staff
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good knowledge of physiotherapy in relevant areas.
- Awareness of audit
- Awareness of research processes
Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS TrustAddress
Princess of Wales Community Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.